Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Winnipeg Fire and Paramedic Service uses drone to rescue lost person – On Wednesday, the Winnipeg Fire and Paramedic Service used a drone to help rescue a person who was in medical distress and lost in a Winnipeg Park in Canada.
Highlights of the FAA’s Drone Advisory Committee meeting – Yesterday, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) had its last Drone Advisory Committee meeting for 2020. Because of the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, the FAA decided to make it a virtual event on Zoom this time. Here are some of the highlights of the event.
Drone swarms would overwhelm the British Army experts warn – Looking at the devastating use of unmanned aircraft in the fighting between Azerbaijan and Armenia in the battle for the Nagorno-Karabakh enclave, experts warn that drone swarms would overwhelm the British army.
Parrot partners with industry leader Colorado Drone Chargers – The new Colorado Drone Chargers ANAFI USA PRCS Elite charger is the highest-speed drone charging system on the market and is already a top choice for enterprise, emergency service teams (SAR, police, fire, S.W.A.T.), and governments agencies around the world.
Drone Delivery Canada approved for BVLOS drone delivery operations – Drone Delivery Canada Corp. is pleased to announce that it has received a Special Flight Operations Certificate (“SFOC”) from Transport Canada, issued October 16th, 2020, for Beyond Visual Line of Sight (“BVLOS”) commercial drone delivery for the Beausoleil First Nation (“BFN”) COVID-19 operations, previously announced June 4th, 2020.
Police drone with thermal camera locates stolen farm vehicle – On Tuesday evening police officers were called to reports of a suspected stolen tractor being loaded up into a truck near Tintinhull, in the United Kingdom. The officers used a police drone with a thermal camera to locate stolen farm equipment.
Drone Delivery Canada provides update on Beausoleil and Georgina Island projects – Drone Delivery Canada Corp. is pleased to announce that both the Beausoleil First Nation project (“BFN”) and Georgina Island First Nation project (“GIFN”) are operational.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Drones in the Nagorno-Karabakh
- Drone startups land VC backing as aerial inventory counting expands
- Video Shows US Navy Experimenting with Drones to Make Deliveries to a Submarine
- Coast Guard Judging Whether Drones Have Place in Service During Monthlong Hawaii Testing
- Italy wants to use drone deliveries during corona crisis
- Amazon Tribes Are Excited to Use Drones to Detect Illegal Deforestation in Brazilian Rainforest
- Researchers look at drones to deliver medical supplies to remote communities
- Drones help GL Co. solve crimes, find missing persons
- Massachusetts Department of Transportation receives $1 million federal grant to use new drone technology
- 5 BENEFITS OF DRONES IN THE INSURANCE INDUSTRY
- AgEagle maintains its promise of Wichita growth on the back of a mystery customer
- Greater Sudbury Police getting ready to launch two drones into service
- Take to the Skies with the Winners of the 2020 Aerial Photography Awards
- What lies beneath: Terrifying moment two sharks circle underneath swimmers at Bondi Beach – and they had NO IDEA
- Healthcare drone trial at Broomfield Hospital
- Police dog finds 2-year-old boy who wandered from home
- Swimmers seen metres from shark feeding frenzy at popular Sydney beach
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.