Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Beyond the FAA UAS Integration Pilot Program – The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is wrapping up the UAS Integration Pilot Program this month. Today they held a special event to commemorate the drone program and to announce what will come next. The new program focuses on operating drones beyond-visual-line-of-sight and will be called BEYOND, announced Secretary of Transportation, Elaine L. Chao.
Drone footage released of Vancouver police clearing Oppenheimer Park in 2019 – Under the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act, drone footage has been released of the Vancouver police clearing Oppenheimer Park in 2019 after receiving a report of a man being shot in the now-dismantled encampment. The use of the police drone caused concerns with the B.C. Civil Liberties Association, which would like to see all police drone operations listed on the website of the Vancouver Police Department.
Drone team captures aerial photos of derailed train in southeast Texas – A drone team captures aerial photos of a derailed train in southeast Texas. Authorities urged nearby residents to evacuate their homes as hazmat crews assessed the damage. The cause of the derailment and the cargo is still unknown.
Drone suspected of colliding with aircraft in South Africa – A drone is suspected to have collided with a training aircraft. The possible drone incident took place earlier this week shortly after the airplane took off at Rand Airport in Gauteng.
DJI Mini 2 has DNG/RAW and also rumored to shoot 4K video at 100Mbps – Another day, another retailer. Today, it is the Swiss version of Best Buy, Media Markt that lists the DJI Mini 2 prior to its official release early in November. The listing confirms that the DJI Mini 2 will have DNG/RAW for still photography. Oh, and we’ve seen on Twitter that the Mini is also said to have 100Mbps for 4K video. And it will have a Follow-Me mode. Wow!
A drone with morphing wings offers agility and endurance – A drone with morphing wings promises the best of both worlds. The agility of a quadcopter and the endurance and speed of a fixed-wing drone.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- FLYING INTO THE FUTURE: HOW DRONES ARE GETTING THE JOB DONE DURING THE PANDEMIC
- Drone video: Election-themed mural in downtown Oakland
- India Resists U.S. Pressure to Buy Armed Drones as Trump Looks for Foreign Policy ‘Wins’
- Stunning Drone Photos Capture the Beauty of Ballet from Above
- Okotoks drone company moves into airport
- Japan prepares to freeze China out of its drone supply chain due to security concerns
- Drone pilot who interrupted Millers match could face police action
- Researcher making drones smarter, situationally aware and team-oriented
- Meet Kite, an Autonomous Drone Concept Designed to Ferry Commuters in the Post-Covid Era
- Using off-the-shelf drones to spot deadly jellyfish
- New drone technology improves ability to forecast volcanic eruptions
- Japan government set to stop buying Chinese drones
- Gang admit plot to fly drugs and phones into prison by drone that ended in death of nursery worker, 25, after 90mph police chase
- A Navy SEAL, a Quadcopter, and a Quest to Save Lives in Combat
- HOW WATERPROOF IS THE DJI M300 RTK DRONE?
- Drone Delivery Canada Announces Update on Successful Condor Testing
- Police Department Creates First Responder Drone Program
- Record-smashing hybrid drone stays airborne for a crazy 10 hours, 14 minutes
- Albertville police, fire departments receive drone donation
- Drones to help with port area controls
- Trooper Uses Drone To Locate Missing Autistic Child
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.