DJI released a firmware update for the DJI Mavic Air 2 that includes that ability to also use the controller for the DJI Mini 2, an updated return-to-home altitude of 400 feet, an optimized downward vision system, and a quieter start-up procedure.
Firmware update for DJI Mavic Air 2 – v01.00.0460
DJI Mavic Air 2 release notes
- Date: 2020.11.11
- Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0460
- Remote Controller: v02.00.1101
- DJI Fly App iOS: v1.2.0
- DJI Fly App Android: v1.2.0
What’s new in this firmware update?
- Added support so the remote controller can also be used with DJI Mini 2. It is recommended to use the
remote controller with DJI Fly v1.2.0 or above.
- Updated default RTH altitude to 100 m.
- Optimized Downward Vision System by increasing the altitude limit to 30 m when the aircraft is only using
Downward Vision System for positioning.
- Optimized logic of rotational speed of fan after powering on in order to reduce noise and power
- Optimized detection and app alert when propellers are unfolded.
- If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and retry.
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.