After some confusing firmware updates for the DJI Mavic Air 2 last week, it seems that DJI now has cleaned up its act and got everybody on the same new firmware version v01.00.0340. This version offers a new 4K Zoom Mode and some other cool new features such as improved APAS, 4K in Hyperlapse, Optimized FPV mode for the gimbal, and more. Check out the videos below.
Overview of new DJI Mavic 2 Air firmware update:
- Date: 2020.08.10
- Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0340
- Remote Controller: v01.00.0340
- DJI Fly App iOS: v1.1.6
- DJI Fly App Android: v1.1.6
What's new in v01.00.0340?
- Added Safety Flight Mode. The aircraft avoids obstacles automatically and will not respond to commands to fly left or right.
- Added 4K Zoom Mode, which supports 2x digital zoom when set to 4K 30/25/24 fps for the DJI Mavic Air 2.
- Added 2x digital zoom when set to 2.7K 60/50/48/30/25/24 and 4x digital zoom when set to 1080P 60/50/48/30/25/24 in video mode.
- Added 4K resolution in Hyperlapse.
- Optimized FPV mode for the gimbal.
- Optimized shooting performance when flying forward in Sport mode. Adjust the flight attitude to avoid propellers unexpectedly showing up in the camera view.
- Optimized Hyperlapse. Added ability to pause shooting during Hyperlapse, increased the number of waypoints to 45, and added support for Task Library.
- Optimized ActiveTrack when tracking vehicles at low altitude.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.