Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
HOW TO AVOID THE WRATH OF THE FAA, ACCORDING TO 51 DRONES – Russ from 51 Drones released a great video with seven tips that you can do to avoid the wrath of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), as some drone pilots are experiencing.
DRONES NEEDED TO STUDY THOUSANDS OF PREHISTORIC PAINTINGS IN AMAZON FOREST – In a remote part of the Amazon Rain forest in Colombia, thousands of prehistoric paintings of animals and humans have been found. The discovery is hailed as the “the Sistine Chapel of the ancients”, and is one of the world’s largest collections of ancient rock art. The paintings were created up to 12,500 years ago and some of them are so high up the cliff faces that drones will be needed to study them.
LITCHI UPDATE WITH SUPPORT FOR DJI MAVIC MINI AND MORE – Litchi updated its app over the Thanksgiving weekend and added support for the original DJI Mavic Mini (not yet for the Mini 2). All flight modes are supported for the Mavic Mini with the exception of waypoints which will come in a future update. Check out the post below of all the details of this latest update, Version 2.9.1.
AUTEL ROBOTICS BLACK FRIDAY DEALS ON EVO II AND BATTERIES – Just like DJI, Autel Robotics has a Black Friday special going on as well. You can get savings on the EVO II and the EVO II Pro and on batteries. For more Black Friday deals click here.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Turkey’s military campaign beyond its borders is powered by homemade armed drones
- Drones Have Raised the Odds and Risks of Small Wars
- Researchers test advanced drone use for laser target firing
- New drone technology uses data from mobile networks to chart flight paths. Here are the two companies behind it
- Drones as next tech in firefighting?
- European Union’s defense arm urges work on common counter-drone weapon
- Drones help spy out bears amid frequent sightings, attacks in central Japan
- US Army explores drone-like designs for quieter stealth helicopters
- Sidney firefighters seek drone license
- License To Fly
- Monitoring sharks off the California Coast
- Eye in the sky as Police take flight with squadron of drones
- Geologists assess debris flow risk in Santa Cruz Mountains
- Frozen in time: Images from inside Christchurch’s quake-damaged cathedral
- Beautiful Yet Unnerving Photos of the Arctic Getting Greener
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.