Litchi updated its app over the Thanksgiving weekend and added support for the original DJI Mavic Mini (not yet for the Mini 2). All flight modes are supported for the Mavic Mini with the exception of waypoints which will come in a future update. Check out the post below of all the details of this latest update, Version 2.9.1.
Litchi update with support for DJI Mavic Mini and more
Here are all the details of the latest Litchi app update for iOS, Version 2.9.1.
- Added support for Mavic Mini 1, all flight modes are supported except waypoint which will come in a future update.
- Added Follow mode.
- Panorama Database has been revamped, stitching is improved and you can now stitch up to 130 megapixels spherical panoramas on iPhone and up to 220 megapixels on iPad Pro.
- Added new “Auto Stitch Panoramas” general camera setting. When enabled, after shooting a panorama, Litchi will automatically stitch it in low resolution in the background.
- Added Simulator modes that can be used to simulate a flight, enable/disable it with a long press on the top bar's flight mode (requires a connection to the drone).
- Added new “Switch Flight Mode” custom function to switch the Mavic Mini's flight mode
- Added new Dynamic Homepoint setting
- Added support for Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) photo capture mode for Mavic mini
- AutoPano now shoots 360×110 spherical panoramas compared to 360×90 before.
- Mavic 2 Zoom optical zoom is now correctly reported in the UI
- Fixed bug where sharing a panorama on Facebook would fail
- Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixess
Check out the Litchi website for more info on the third-party DJI app.
Let us know what your experience is flying the Mavic Mini with the updated Litchi app in the comments below.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
Copyright © DroneXL.co 2023. All rights reserved. The content, images, and intellectual property on this website are protected by copyright law. Reproduction or distribution of any material without prior written permission from DroneXL.co is strictly prohibited. For permissions and inquiries, please contact us here.
FTC: DroneXL.co is an Amazon Associate and uses affiliate links that can generate income from qualifying purchases. We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email.