Litchi updated its app over the Thanksgiving weekend and added support for the original DJI Mavic Mini (not yet for the Mini 2). All flight modes are supported for the Mavic Mini with the exception of waypoints which will come in a future update. Check out the post below of all the details of this latest update, Version 2.9.1.
Litchi update with support for DJI Mavic Mini and more
Here are all the details of the latest Litchi app update for iOS, Version 2.9.1.
- Added support for Mavic Mini 1, all flight modes are supported except waypoint which will come in a future update.
- Added Follow mode.
- Panorama Database has been revamped, stitching is improved and you can now stitch up to 130 megapixels spherical panoramas on iPhone and up to 220 megapixels on iPad Pro.
- Added new “Auto Stitch Panoramas” general camera setting. When enabled, after shooting a panorama, Litchi will automatically stitch it in low resolution in the background.
- Added Simulator modes that can be used to simulate a flight, enable/disable it with a long press on the top bar’s flight mode (requires a connection to the drone).
- Added new “Switch Flight Mode” custom function to switch the Mavic Mini’s flight mode
- Added new Dynamic Homepoint setting
- Added support for Auto Exposure Bracketing (AEB) photo capture mode for Mavic mini
- AutoPano now shoots 360×110 spherical panoramas compared to 360×90 before.
- Mavic 2 Zoom optical zoom is now correctly reported in the UI
- Fixed bug where sharing a panorama on Facebook would fail
- Miscellaneous improvements and bug fixess
Let us know what your experience is flying the Mavic Mini with the updated Litchi app in the comments below.
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.