DJI organizes a webinar titled Drones and Disasters on December 14, 2020, at 1 pm EST. The webinar has the slogan “Preparing for wildfires in 2021 and beyond.”
DJI webinar Drones and Disasters on December 14, 2020
Drones have proven to be very useful before, during, and after natural disasters. Examples are using drones to conduct controlled burns to help prevent wildfires. We have seen unmanned aircraft that were used to assess the damages to homes after hurricanes. Drones have been used to re-establish powerlines and even setup wireless communication networks.
However, during this webinar DJI will focus specifically on how drones can be used to better deal with wildfires going forward. The Chinese drone maker says:
“As record-setting wildfires consumed western states in 2020, the need for more firefighting resources and better preparation became evident. Yet political wrangling has significantly curtailed use of Drone Technology, taking away a powerful and proven tool to help prevent and contain these fires. DJI will host a virtual roundtable of experts discussing the role of drones in wildland fires, featuring experts sharing first-hand perspectives from the 2020 Wildfire season.”
“These experts will explore
- The critical role drones play in wildfires
- How current and proposed policies and procedures affected the use of drones in the 2020 wildfire season
- What can be done in the months ahead to ensure drones can be used to their full potential next year.
- Open Q&A period”
It is an important topic to discuss because we already know that the restricted use of drones by government agencies has resulted in “the department will have carried out only a quarter of the controlled burning to control and prevent wildfires that it otherwise would have done if there was no ban on drones that have Chinese-made drone parts.”
DJI’s panel discussing Drones and Disasters will include:
- Wayne Baker – Director of Public Safety Integration at DJI
- Jenny Rosenberg – Executive Director at Alliance for Drone Innovation
- Chief Todd McNeal – Fire Chief at City of Dixon, CA
- Captain Ryan Gifford – UAV Program Manager at Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District, CA and Sacramento Regional UAV Operators Group Coordinator
- Tom Madigan – Assistant Sheriff at Alameda County, CA Sheriff’s Office
You can register for DJI’s Drones and Disasters webinar here.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.