Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
DJI MINI 2 FIRMWARE UPGRADE IMPROVES STABILITY AND ANTI-INTERFERENCE – DJI just released firmware version V01.01.0700 for the DJI Mini 2 drone. That latest update brings improvements in stability and anti-interference capabilities. Simply fire up your Mini 2 to initiate the Firmware Update or click in the top right-hand corner of the DJI Fly App on the ‘…’, next go to ‘about’ and click on “check for updates” on the line of Aircraft Firmware. Easy.
DRONE’S ATTITUDE DISPLAYED IN FUTURE VERSION OF DJI FLY APP – Leaked screenshots of what seems to be the next version of the DJI Fly app show that the drone’s attitude will be displayed in the left bottom corner of the app. Let’s take a closer look.
JAPAN WANTS STRICTER RULES FOR MINI-DRONES, LOWERING THE THRESHOLD TO 100 GRAMS – In Japan, mini-drones weighing less than 200 grams have less strict rules than “normal” drones. But the Japanese government is going to reduce that lower limit to only 100 grams, now that more capable drones weighing just under 200 grams are appearing on the market, including a special version of the DJI Mavic Mini. That reports the Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- FPV DRONE LAWS IN THE UK
- Here’s why the Valkyrie drone couldn’t translate between F-35 and F-22 jets during a recent test
- Make drones sound less annoying by factoring in humans at the design stage
- Grand Junction startup pushing new limits on drone photography
- Remote Geosystems updates LineVision Online with enhanced support for DJI drone video camera metadata and field of view mapping in the Cloud
- Police arrest suspect filming station, seize drone
- Thermal imaging drone helps Charlottetown police find woman in distress
- An incredible drone show is happening daily at JBR
- Drone video: Bama Lights dazzling display in Pinson
- Ridley Scott inspires Network Rail’s cave-exploring drone
- DJI Added to the US Entity List – What’s the Impact?
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.