Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
KEEP ONE HAND FREE WITH THE KNUCKLES-5 DRONE CONTROLLER – Keep one hand free when flying your drone by using this new Knuckles-5 remote controller. As we all know most remote controllers require the use of both hands, and while that may be the best way to fly a drone, it may not always be the most convenient way. This is what Knuckles-5 founder and CEO, Kostiantyn Borysov thought as he set out to create a novel design that allows you to control your drone with only one hand.
FLORIDA BILL ALLOWS POLICE TO USE DRONES TO MONITOR LARGE CROWDS – A Florida bill was filed in Tallahassee that would change the way agencies can use drones. For instance, if passed it would allow the police in Florida to use drones to monitor large crowds during protests.
EUROPEAN DRONE RULES. HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW. – It’s time! Today, New Year’s Eve 2020, the new European drone rules come into effect. This has a number of consequences for almost all drone pilots in Europe. For example, you must register as a drone operator and there is a good chance that you will have to obtain an EU drone certificate. This step-by-step plan shows you exactly what to do, assuming you are going to fly in the Open Category.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Online drone display lights up skies for Hogmanay
- FAA bans drones over the Rock Island Arsenal
- US Department of Agriculture Selects Draganfly Commander Drone
- Phoenix tech company Alpine 4 to acquire another US drone maker
- Federal officials outline new rules for drones and their operators
- China Deploying “En Masse” Underwater Drones In Indian Ocean: Report
- FEARS GROW FOR WHALE’S LIFE AS DRONE FOOTAGE REVEALS ANIMAL TRAPPED IN NETS DESPERATELY TRYING TO BREAK FREE
- Drone operator spots school of 40 sharks at NSW beach, forcing its closure
- Chinese drone delivery gets set to overtake U.S. efforts.
- Cameras on I-95 erase evidence, let shooters go free
- Drone technology used for PSB Centre new projects mapping
- ‘We are still searching for survivors’: Norwegian rescuers hunt for missing after landslide
- Iran accuses British company of helping to assassinate Soleimani
- Shark spotted by Evans Head drone
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.