Daily Drone News – Monday January 11, 2021
Here are today's most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
TEENAGER WITH DRONE RESCUES FOUR DROWNING SEA FISHERMEN FROM INDIA – A 19-year-old student from the Indian province of Kerala uses his drone to save the lives of four sea fishermen whose trawlers had capsized. Initially, rescue workers did not want to take the juvenile drone pilot with them on their search, but a local official convinced them to take the boy anyway.
DJI IS NOTABLY ABSENT FROM THE CES 2021 EXHIBITOR LIST – Last year, when CES was still an in-person event in Las Vegas, DJI had a sizeable booth with all their products on display and all the important DJI North America employees, some of whom are no longer with the company, were there as well. This year, during CES 2021 however, DJI is notably absent. What is going on here?
SKYDIO RECEIVES THE CES 2021 BEST OF INNOVATION AWARD FOR DRONES – Skydio receives the CES 2021 Best of Innovation Award for Drones and Unmanned Systems for its Skydio X2 commercial drone.
AUTEL TO LAUNCH NEW PRODUCTS DURING CES 2021 – In a post on Instagram, Autel Robotics says, “New Year. New Products.”. The post continues to say, “Join us at CES 2021 for the full unveiling,” and shows the date of January 12th, 2021. We wonder what new products Autel will be launching at CES 2021.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Skydio Advocates for Autonomy to Accelerate Your Part 107 Drone Business
- With grocery store access limited during the pandemic, drone delivery offers a high-tech boost to business
- New Pentagon Counter Drone Strategy: Unify Solutions Search, Avoid Duplicated Efforts
- Sports Book Takes Bets on Drone Races
- Red Cat partners with Skypersonic Completes Long Distance Drone Flight Remotely
- ‘Missile-like' object found in Indonesian waters is a Chinese underwater drone, says defense analyst
- Why Iran Is Arming Its Drones With Air-To-Air Missiles
- Incredible drone footage shows a humpback whale swimming near the Isles of Scilly
- Guam and Chicago-based businesses partner for drone delivery service
- Ambarella unveils 8K AI vision processor for car, drone, and robot cameras
- Crescent moon and a drone show: Monday's best photos
- Drone Video Captures Whale Calf on First Migration Near Dana Point
- Draganfly: Drones and a Backdoor Play on Covid-19
- Editorial: Do Authorities Need Search Warrants for Drones?
- Manna Aero applies for new drone operator licence in Ireland
- How to make drones sound less annoying
- Search continues for missing Mississippi County woman
- 2 missing after being swept into dangerous waters off Bay Area coast
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
If you'd like to stay up to date with all the latest drone News, scoops, rumors, and reviews follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, or…
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Follow DroneXL.co on your Google News feed.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.