Daily Drone News – Tuesday January 12, 2021
Here are today's most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
AUTEL PARTNERS WITH UASIDEKICK TO MAKE LAANC AVAILABLE IN APP – Autel Robotics partners with UASidekick to make LAANC services available in the Enterprise Explorer app. This will make the LAANC application and authorization process a lot easier. And it makes you wonder why DJI does not offer this as of yet.
AUTERION WELCOMES ROMEO DURSCHER TO THE TEAM – When we learned that Romeo Durscher would be leaving DJI, we wondered where he would end up. Hopeful that he would not be leaving the Drone Industry altogether we are glad to report that Romeo has joined Auterion as the company's new Vice President of Public Safety.
SONY INTRODUCES THE AIRPEAK DRONE DURING CES 2021 – Yesterday, Sony introduced the Airpeak drone during the online-only CES 2021 event. By the looks of it, the Airpeak is a large commercial drone capable of carrying the Sony A7 line of cameras aimed at the professional aerial photographer and filmmaker. See photos and videos below for more details about this exciting and undoubtedly expensive drone from Sony.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Verizon, UPS, and Skyward announce connected drone delivery at CES 2021
- The Cadillac personal drone is the cadillac of personal drones
- Can New ‘Magnetic Shield' Stop Drone Attacks?
- Bored kids? Get them this indoor beginner drone for $24
- This Changed Everything: DJI's Phantom Drone
- Boeing owned drone maker to pay $25 million to settle False Claims Act allegations it used recycled parts on military projects
- Africa's drone industry is taking off
- Japan considers vehicle-mounted lasers to ward off drone attacks
- Survey: Annotations and measurement are main drone tools
- DoD Drone Strategy Focuses On Low-End Threats – Not Nation-States
- Twelve uses for your drone
- Tips to help you choose your first drone
- EU DRONE REGULATIONS, LICENCES AND TRAINING
- Canada to get a drone to patrol Arctic
- Emergency response teams use drones to find missing Rutherford Co. woman
- Four arrested in attempt to deliver drugs to Sherbrooke prison with drone
- Drone video captures Tesla battery project at Moss Landing
- Drone's crash landing during Welsh Grand National meeting probed by police
- Police investigate drone crash near Chepstow on Welsh Grand National day
- Minister Dames Attends Testing of ‘The Blimp' Drone
- Drone used by Portsmouth council to monitor people flocking to seafront
- IAA Has Received First Application For New Drone Operator Approval
- Specially adapted drones used in Sydney water testing blitz
- WhiteFox Supports FAA's New Remote ID Rule
- The Morning After: CES 2021 starts with drones, 8K TVs and robots
- Endangered Right whale, calf spotted near Mantanzas Inlet
- Fears over terrorists ‘turning drones into deadly bombs' on high streets after lockdown
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
If you'd like to stay up to date with all the latest drone News, scoops, rumors, and reviews follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, or…
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Follow DroneXL.co on your Google News feed.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.