Yesterday, Sony introduced the Airpeak drone during the online-only CES 2021 event. By the looks of it, the Airpeak is a large commercial drone capable of carrying the Sony A7 line of cameras aimed at the professional aerial photographer and filmmaker. See photos and videos below for more details about this exciting and undoubtedly expensive drone from Sony.
Sony introduces the Airpeak drone during CES 2021
Not a lot of information about the Sony Airpeak is available at this point in time, you can learn quite a few details by looking closely at the video below, as A. Tissier did. Let’s jump in.
The Sony Airpeak drone offers:
- Camera Sony Alpha 7S
- 2 Batteries system
- 2 SSD slots
- Dual remote operation
- 360 visual detection system and obstacle avoidance
- Gremsy stabilizer (Gremsy T3?)
- Gimbal 360 rotation
- 2-axis stabilized FPV camera for the pilot
- GPS stabilized flight
- Return to Home function
- Multiple speed modes available
- Flight time calculation & Battery percentage displayed
- Programmable fly path
- Retractable landing gear
- iPad needed on the remote
- Detachable and retracting carbon fiber legs
- Waypoints system (?)
- Release date: spring 2021
Let us know if you saw something that we have missed in our Sony Airpeak list here.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.