Today, Autel Robotics released a video with tips on battery usage and maintenance for the EVO II drone to make sure you will get the optimal performance out of the batteries.
Autel Robotics releases EVO II battery maintenance video
Autel Robotics releases EVO II battery maintenance video with a lot of good tips and information to ensure you will get the most performance out of your batteries and EVO II drone. Soe of these tips you may already be aware off but a quick refresher never hurts. Many of the tips are relevant to any kind of battery including DJI’s, Skydio’s, and Parrot’s batteries.
EVO II battery usage tips
- Ensure the battery is powered off before inserting into the aircraft.
- Click the battery securely into place.
- Always fully charge the battery before flight.
- Allow approximately 90 minutes for a full charge.
- Only use batteries and charging devices authorized by Autel Robotics.
- Do not use a damaged battery charger.
- The battery will enter ultra-low power consumption mode if left below 8% for more than one day,
- Battery level indicators will not turn on and the battery will need to be reactivated by charging.
- After flying, wait until the battery has cooled to room temperature before charging.
- Overheat protection will prevent charging is connected immediately after flight.
- If overheated, the second LED indicator will flash.
- Charging will begin automatically once normal temperature is detected,
- Do not ignore battery error messages when flying.
- If a low battery warning is displayed, return to home immediately to ensure a safe return.
EVO II battery maintenance tips
- Charge unused batteries once a month.
- If left critically low for too long battery cells may become damaged.
- When not used, Evo II batteries automatically discharge slowly over time.
- Discharge time can be adjusted in the Autel Explorer app from 1 to 10 days.
- Store batteries in a dry, well-ventilated area at room temperature.
- The ideal temperature is 72°F to 82°F (22°C to 28°C).
- Do not store the batteries in direct sunlight or near sharp items, moisture, or metal.
- When in the aircraft, do not let the battery come into contact with moisture or heat.
What do you think of Autel Robotics EVO II battery tips and maintenance video? Let us know in the comments below.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.