Welcome to this latest episode of our PIXL Drone Show. This week, we talk to Kevin Morris from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)! Join us on this special episode of the PIXL Drone Show for an insight into Temporary Flight Restrictions, outreach, nighttime operations, operations over people, Remote ID, BVLOS operations, TRUST, and the future of the industry.
On the PiXL Drone Show, we have conversations with leading UAS industry experts on the podcast. We also have the latest information on upcoming drones from manufacturers like Skydio, Sony, DJI, Autel, and more. We also discuss FAA drone regulations and laws. Our goal is to provide high-quality and timely information for both Part 107 commercial drone pilots and recreational users. The Drone Industry is rapidly growing and our goal is to be your go-to resource.
The PIXL Drone Show is hosted by:
- Kara Murphy (owner of Kara E. Murphy Aerial Media)
- Greg Reverdiau (co-founder of Pilot Institute)
- Haye Kesteloo (Editor of DroneXL)
- Superbowl FAA: https://www.faa.gov/superbowl
- B4UFLY: https://www.aloft.ai/b4ufly/
- TRUST: https://trust.pilotinstitute.com/
- 0:00 Introduction
- 3:42 What is the National Airspace System?
- 10:28 Recreational operations vs part 107
- 20:26 Night flights for Part 107 and 44809
- 31:49 BVLOS operations
- 35:35 TRUST
- 39:41 FAA Enforcement
- 45:00 Superbowl TFR
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.