Autel Robotics latest drones, the Evo Nano and Lite series receive a new Firmware Update that adds 24/2548/50 FPS video options, solves the Jello effect issue for the Nano drone, adds manual focus, adds customizable time stamping, and offers a number of other improvements and bug fixes.
In a press release, Autel Robotics says that drone pilots will be excited to see these new features and other performance and usability improvements.
The firmware update offers the following improvements and fixes:
- Multiple video frame rate choices up to 50 fps (24/25/48/50 fps).
- Manual focus control for most models (Lite, Lite+ and Nano+).
- Enhanced photo resolution options in some models.
- Customizable photo time stamps.
- Tapping and holding the zoom button (displayed after take off) now enables optimized continuous zoom mode.
- Album ordering has been improved for all models.
- SD Card handling has been improved.
- Issues with video ‘jello’-effect and horizon leveling have been fixed for the Nano Drones.
- Speed Priority (max 15m/s or 33mph) and Video Priority (max 13m/s or 29mph) options have been added in Ludicrous Mode.
- Wind resistance performance when hovering has also been improved.
- EVO Nano+ and EVO Nano have gained new high photo resolutions of 8192×6144 and 8000×6000 respectively.
The firmware update is available for Autel’s EVO Nano, EVO Nano+, EVO Lite, and EVO Lite+ drones.
EVO Nano series firmware package V1.1.14 details: https://www.autelrobotics.com/download/86.html
EVO Lite series firmware package V1.1.4 details: https://www.autelrobotics.com/download/70.html
We haven’t had a chance yet to test out this new firmware update, but if you have an Autel Robotics Evo Nano or Lite drone, we are curious to hear from you what your thoughts are on these improvements.
Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.