If you’re curious about all the new Mavic 3 firmware features that have become available to the DJI flagship drone this week, be sure to watch Billy Kyle’s latest Youtube video.
Mavic 3 firmware features explained
Billy points out the features that are most important to him:
- Panorama mode
- Color display assist mode for D-Log
- Set return to home altitude
- USB-mode for Mavic Cine version – when you activate the USB mode the Mavic 3 does not have to stay fully turned on while downloading footage.
- More accurate and optimized color correction
- Increased image sharpness when zoomed in with secondary telelens. As you can see in the video the difference is significant. It might now be possible to create some cool parallax effects when zooming in 7x. Anything more than that seems to be suffering in quality quickly though.
- Lastly, as we reported earlier the DJI RC Pro is now available with the DJI Air 2S
Together with the firmware update for the Mavic 3, the DJI RC Pro remote controller and the DJI Fly App were updated as well.
The RC Pro is now compatible with the DJI Air 2s as well,
And, as it is slowly getting more professional, the DJI Fly app now makes it easier to access the general camera and exposure settings such as white balance, color display assist, codec, and video format. On the exposure tab, you can adjust the ISO, shutter, aperture, and overall exposure value.
For drone pilots who use the Mavic 3 Cine Premium version, DJI now offers ProRes 422 HQ.
Billy explains all the Mavic 3 firmware features
For all the details on the Mavic 3 firmware features, be sure to watch Billy’s video below.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.