Good day, folks, Shawn here from Air Photography. Today, we'll dive deep into the groundbreaking features of the DJI Mini 4 Pro, and I'll give you 14 solid reasons why it might be a great idea to consider upgrading from your DJI Mini 3 Pro.
Let's kick things off:
- Omnidirectional Sensing: The Mini 4 Pro boasts new fisheye sensors, a first for DJI mini drones. This feature provides sideways sensing, making flights safer, especially for newbies. It enhances intelligent flight features like tracking, master shots, and more.
- O4 Transmission System: Introduced just six weeks prior with the DJI Air 3, this new transmission system, now on the Mini 4 Pro, offers an impressive 20 kilometers of range. This ensures a rock-solid connection even in Wi-Fi-heavy areas, addressing some of the range issues of the Mini 3.
- Advanced Controller Options: You can now choose between the DJI RC-N2 or DJI RC2. Both may have similar specs, but the fold-out antennas and improved performance are a definite game-changer.
- 360° Tracking System: With the new omnidirectional sensing, tracking gets a boost. You can easily position the drone anywhere around you in a full 360 degrees, making tracking seamless and effective.
- Waypoints: Always wanted to create waypoints with your mini drone? The Mini 4 Pro lets you do just that, similar to the Mavic 3 series and the Air 3.
- Cruise Control: After being introduced in the DJI Mavic 3 and DJI Air 3, cruise control now makes its way to the Mini 4 Pro, ideal for solo content creation and allowing for varied flight trajectories.
- Advanced Return to Home: The DJI Mini 4 Pro determines the best route to return, saving on battery and increasing safety.
Now, let's focus on the camera enhancements:
- Constant HDR Filming: The Mini 4 Pro camera films in HDR mode always, which promises great footage even in complex lighting situations.
- Improved Slow Motion: While the Mini 3 Pro capped at 1080 at 120fps for slow motion, the Mini 4 Pro can reach 4K at 100fps or 1080 at 200fps.
- Night Mode: Night enthusiasts can now capture breathtaking cityscapes thanks to the new night mode.
- 10-bit D-log M & HLG: This is a big one for those who love grading their own footage. The more flexible format ensures consistent grading across DJI devices.
- LED Light at the Bottom: Enhancing landing precision during the night and assisting in spotting the drone when in the sky.
- Precision Landing: An upgrade to its landing capability ensures that it lands within inches of its take-off point.
- AR Features: Exclusive to the Mini 4 Pro and the Mavic 3 at the time of this video, these features include AR drone shadow, a visual return-to-home route, and a virtual home point.
In conclusion, whether you're from Canada like me, where these mini drones allow us to fly in more places, or you're someone looking for a handy, high-quality drone for traveling or backpacking, the Mini 4 Pro is an excellent choice. I hope you found this breakdown valuable. If you did, show some love with a thumbs up, and I'll see you in our next exploration!
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
Copyright © DroneXL.co 2023. All rights reserved. The content, images, and intellectual property on this website are protected by copyright law. Reproduction or distribution of any material without prior written permission from DroneXL.co is strictly prohibited. For permissions and inquiries, please contact us here.
FTC: DroneXL.co is an Amazon Associate and uses affiliate links that can generate income from qualifying purchases. We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email.