DJI released a new firmware update for the DJI Mavic Mini (v01.00.0500), that brings important new features such as manual exposure control for video recording, manual white balance control, and additional 24fps for 2.7K and 24/48fps 1080p video recording. The Mavic Mini is DJI’s lightest drone (249 grams) in the Mavic series and was already punching above its weight. With these new firmware updates, this drone will become even more attractive to the traveling drone pilot.
DJI Mavic Mini firmware update – v01.00.0500
Mavic Mini Release Notes
- Date: 2020.04.23
- Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0500
- Remote Controller: v01.00.0500
- DJI Fly App iOS: V1.0.8
- DJI Fly App Android: V1.0.8
- Added manual exposure for videos (requires DJI Fly v1.0.8 or later).
- Added 2.7K 24fps and 1080P 24/48fps resolution (requires DJI Fly v1.0.8 or later).
- Added manual white balance adjustment (requires DJI Fly v1.0.8 or later).
- Improved download speed for photos and videos.
- Improved flight stability in some scenarios.
- Added support to adjust operation frequency in Ukraine.
- Optimized remote controller performance. Calibrate the remote controller if it is beeping after updating the firmware.
Notes on the Mavic Mini firmware update:
- Note that the update may reset various main controller settings, such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance, to default settings. Before updating, take note of your preferred DJI Fly settings, and readjust them after the update.
- If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and retry.
Check out Billy Kyle’s video below to see what he thinks of the latest DJI Firmware Update for the Mavic Mini.
If you have already updated the firmware on you DJI Mavic Mini, let us know what you think of these new features. Do they change the way you appreciate the Mavic Mini in a meaningful way? Let us know what you think in the comments below and share your experience with other drone enthusiasts.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.