Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Skydio 2 production has restarted and shipping resumes – The spreading coronavirus has impacted many drone manufacturers such as DJI, Autel Robotics, and also Skydio. The latter had stopped the production of the autonomously flying Skydio 2 drone a few months ago. However, today we are happy to report that Skydio has restarted the production of the Skydio 2 drone and the company has started shipping again as there are still many orders to fulfill.
Skydio 2 software update offers many new features – After the drone maker resumed production and shipping, they also kept busy and now offer a Skydio 2 software update with many new and highly requested features.
Blue whale captured by drone off San Diego coast – Earlier today we saw how a Great White shark was swimming close to a group of surfers in South Africa, and now we see how a drone captured video footage of a blue whale swimming off the San Diego coast.
DJI Phantom 4 RTK now supported in Kespry aerial intelligence platform release – Kespry, the leading drone-based Aerial Intelligence solution provider, today announced its Summer 2020 Aerial Intelligence platform updates with support for the DJI Phantom 4 RTK. The enterprise-focused enhancements for mining, aggregates, construction, and insurance industries include new capabilities, tools, integrations, and third-party operator options that make the platform more powerful, flexible and easier to use and deploy than ever.
Dronisos sets new world record for simultaneous indoor drone flight – Dronisos, a drone light show specialist, sets a new world record for flying drones simultaneously during a recent light show. the old record was set at 160 drones. Dronisos blew straight through that by having 200 drones in the air simultaneously.
Drone video shows Great White shark and surfers in a very close encounter – Over the last few years, we’ve seen quite a few videos where swimmers get quite close to sharks and other wildlife, however, this drone video tops them all. You can see the Great White shark checking out a group of surfers in what only can be described as a very close encounter in South Africa.
Second delivery agreement for Drone Delivery Canada with DSV Air & Sea – Drone Delivery Canada (DDC) Corp. had entered into a commercial agreement with the David McAntony Gibson Foundation to use service drones to Beausoleil First Nation (BFN) community in Ontario earlier this month. Now a second delivery agreement has been signed between DDC and DSV Air & Sea to deliver medical supplies by drone to customers from DSV’s warehouses.
So you need a thermal drone, but you don’t trust French drones… – So you need a thermal drone, but you don’t trust French drones… What do you do? Well, you make your own 3D printed mounting system and take a FLIR Systems Vue Pro R with 620×512 resolution and, voila!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Navy buys two used MQ-9A Reaper drones
- WHAT’S NEW WITH SKYDIO 2
- What’s New with Skydio 2: Detailed Overview
- Drone footage shows the extensive damage caused following explosion at Seven Sisters property
- Drone sighting at Kingston, Ont., prison sparks all day search
- Drone Interference Into Quarter Fire Under Investigation
- Scott County sheriff details how damage to drone occurred
- Chief: Drone watched man legally carry AR-15 at Portsmouth protest
- FlytBase Enhances Drone Software with FlytNow Upgrades
- We’re About To See The Golden Age Of Drone Delivery – Here’s Why
- Russia Develops Drone-Disabling Systems To Protect Oil Facilities
- Azerbaijan to buy armed drones from Turkey
- What is the impact of Drones in Construction?
- Concerns About Chinese Made Drones Could Drive the Commercial Drone Industry to New Heights
- Study suggests drones could quadruple their range – by taking the bus
- NOAA Ramps up Use of Drones to Collect Seafloor and Weather Data
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.