Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
$260,000 worth of drones received by Blue Mountain Community College – $260,000 worth of drones received by Blue Mountain Community College through a very generous donation consisting of four unmanned aircraft and associated equipment from Digital Harvest of Camas, Washington.
Drone hindered firefighters in battle with Larkspur wildfire in Colorado – The Forest Service said that the biggest hindrance for firefighters in their battle with the Larkspur wildfire in Colorado wasn’t the weather but a drone that interrupted the water dropping activities manned aircraft.
Drones have risen to the COVID-19 challenge – Drones have risen to the COVID-19 challenge as social distancing disrupted the delivery of supplies. During the coronavirus pandemic, unmanned aircraft have been used with varying degrees of success to disperse crowds, communicate social distancing messages, monitor people’s temperatures, spray public spaces with disinfectants and to deliver medical supplies. #dronesforgood
NHS expands delivery of medical supplies by drone from Scottish islands – The test that are planned for later this year during much tougher winter flying conditions will include delivering blood and fluid samples by drone from Hebridean islands to hospital labs on the mainland. The drone flights are performed by the NHS Highland and the London-based firm Skyports.
Weber County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue fundraiser for new drone – The Weber County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue organization holds a fundraiser to collect enough money to purchase a new drone with a higher resolution thermal camera so that they can more effectively use drones to save lives. Watch this video below for some real-life Search and Rescue drone footage and to listen to the stories of people whose lives have been saved with the help of drones.
Global drone market is set to grow ten-fold in the next five years – A landmark white paper that was presented to the UK government this week says that ‘drone technology will transform our immediate and long-term future. Recently, Barclays predicted that the global drone market will grow ten-fold in the next five years.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- ParaZero secures 100 FAA waivers for drone pilots
- Body of missing Pierre man recovered from Missouri River
- Dive in! Mesmerising drone footage shows seals tucking into a swirling school of thousands of fish
- Drone Delivery Canada updates defibrillator project
- Russia’s latest Orion reconnaissance drones receive gunship’s navigation system
- Drone video helps identify, save hawks’ nest in dying tree
- Drone company relocating to Wichita with home package delivery as a goal
- Drone deployed as search & rescue specialists scour Crawley for missing man
- Soon, get drones to deliver medicines in under 30 minutes
- UNR researchers: drone technology will change the face of last-mile logistics
- SEARCHERS USE DOGS AND DRONES TO LOOK FOR FATHER MISSING IN AGATE LAKE
- Drone Analytics Market Is Booming Worldwide | Agribotix, Aerovironment, Dronedeploy
- Pre-drone survey of 38 storm-water drains in city conducted under WB project, meeting told
- Bathymetric Survey Drones Can Be An Easy Fix to Complex Problems
- The F-16’s Replacement Won’t Have a Pilot at All
- World entering new military ‘drone age’: UN expert
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.