Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
DJI Mavic 3 not shown in patent filing – The DJI patent filing that was shown at the end of last week does not show the DJI Mavic 3. Instead, these drawings go back to another filing from August 30, 2017, and explain DJI’s folding mechanism as it is likely used on the DJI Mavic 2.
Drone falls out of the sky onto a police car in Houston, TX – A drone fell out of the sky onto a police car, as officers were investigating a fatal crash in Houston, TX yesterday. As officers were investigating a deadly crash, a drone fell out of the sky onto a police car yesterday around 7:46 p.m.
DJI releases new Mobile SDK and UX SDK for iOS and Android – Today, DJI releases new Mobile SDK and UX SDK for both iOS and Android operating systems. The Mobile SDK supports the DJI Mavic Mini, and adds new features for the DJI Matrice 300 RTK, including diagnostics message for three propeller landing, a consistency upgrade, get aircraft altitude, and get ellipsoid height.
Drone captures killer whales attacking humpback whale calf – A drone captures a pod of killer whales attacking a humpback whale mother and her calf of the coast of Ningaloo in Western Australia on Friday, in an event rarely seen by scientists.
Shooting fireworks from a DJI Phantom drone – Granted this is not the smartest (or even legal) thing to do with a drone, but it is fun to watch. Check out this video in which the folks from ‘Beyond the press’ shoot fireworks from a DJI Phantom drone.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Statement from the Press Secretary on Unmanned Aerial Systems Exports
- Army asks SRC to build and deploy counter-drone system to protect expeditionary forces from enemy UAVs
- Skydio Leading the Way in America’s Surge Toward the Top of the Drone Industry
- The world once tried to ban armed drones, but now everyone has them
- Learning from nature: a new flapping drone can take off, hover and swoop like a bird
- EV Maker Workhorse Is Pairing Vans With Drones to Drive Deliveries
- DRONE JAMMING BUSINESS ANNOUNCES US AND EUROPEAN DEALS
- Israeli army says one of its drones crashed inside Lebanon
- Israeli-German drone test flight hailed as ‘historic phase’ in defense ties
- DJI Drone Cybersecurity – Under Suspicion
- Sherborne residents report increase in drone usage
- Drone Deployed To Sanitise Odisha Town
- Bombay Flying Club becomes India’s first DGCA approved drone training school
- Sulby school soars high with its drone project
- Russian Navy To Deploy ‘Poseidon Nuclear Armed Drones’ To Counter US’ Threats
- Greek Firm Certified for Remote Drone Inspections
- Tesla Gigafactory Texas: Drone footage highlights expansive construction underway
- Danish Maritime Authority trials drones to monitor sulphur emissions from ships
- Infrared Drones to Stop Koala Extinction
- Freeland YouTuber gains 21,000 subscribers covering flood aftermath
- Pakistan Army shoots down Indian spying quadcopter
- UAS Drone Corp. Completes Acquisition of Duke Robotics Inc.
- What You Need to Know About Becoming a Drone Pilot
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.