Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Drones deployed to search for stranded hikers on Colorado Rockies trail – Drones were deployed to search for stranded hikers after a mudslide on a very popular Colorado Rockies Trail. The hikers were trapped on the trail and ‘boulders the size of small refrigerators’ blocked a nearby road.
Extra drones and officers for Dubai Police to ensure COVID-19 safety – Dubai Police are receiving additional drones and officers over Eid Al Adha to ensure people stay safe from COVID-19 during the upcoming celebrations next weekend.
Israeli startup, StoreDot can charge batteries of commercial drones in five minutes – As I’m writing this article, I am literally waiting for my Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic Air 2 batteries to charge so I can fly my drones later today. Wouldn’t it be nice to have the technology from Israeli startup, StoreDot that can charge batteries of commercial drones in five minutes? I’d love to have that for my personal drones so I can simply keep flying!
Flying drones near Naval Air Station in Jacksonville, FL is prohibited – Flying drones within a five-mile radius of the Naval Air Station and within a three-mile radius of Outlying Landing Field Whitehouse in Jacksonville, Florida is prohibited.
Scientists use drones to study great white sharks along California coast – Scientists are using drones to study great white sharks along the coast of Southern California to improve their understanding of how these marine predators interact, and how to keep people safe.
Drone finds missing West Windsor man alive after massive search – A drone finds the missing West Windsor man, who had been missing since the evening of Wednesday, July 22, alive after a massive search of Community Park in New Jersey and the surrounding areas, West Windsor Police said.
Thermal drones save baby deer in Norway – After success in Switzerland, we now see drones being used to save baby deer in Norway as well. Drones with thermal cameras are used to scan the fields for any baby deer before the mowers come.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Four companies will square off to win money to build Skyborg drone prototypes
- BREAKING: Air Force to Fly New Skyborg Drones Next Year
- SkyOp launches drone consultancy
- Trump’s new rules on drone sales benefit influential defense contractors
- Contractors Share $400M AI-Enabled Drone Contract
- Why has the U.S. eased restrictions on the export of drones?
- Unifly and EVA partner for drone airspace integration solution
- CANNY LITTLE DRONE British troops are testing a Red Bull-sized drone that can be loaded with explosives
- Bell Robot Flies Beyond Line Of Sight
- Isis supporter ‘worked on modifying drone for use in UK terror attack’
- Brooklyn Defender Services backs bill that would stop police from using drones to surveil protesters
- The Wall-Shaking Delights of Stockholm’s Experimental Drone Scene
- 2020 PGA Championship broadcast to include drones, fly cams among innovative remote and on-course technology
- It’s a bird, it’s a plane: Sheriff’s Offices’ new drone makes waves
- Conservationists protect Griffon vulture chick with hi-tech ‘Mama Drone’ to help it thrive in the wild
- Using Drones as a Tool to Drive Public Engagement
- Shark watch: Tech students test a drone
- The Drones Are Coming To One Of 78 Million Backyards Near You
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.