Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Chelsea Fire Department receives drone grant from the National Public Safety Drone Donation Program – The Chelsea Fire Department in Birmingham, Alabama receives a grant from the National Public Safety Drone Donation Program, whose motto is “Eyes in the Sky for Every Department in Need.”
NYPD sends counter-drone team to U.S. Open to intercept illegal drone flights – The NYPD will send a counter-drone team to the U.S. Open to spot and intercept any illegal drone flights that might be taking place during the tennis tournament in New York this year.
Indago 3 drone from Lockheed Martin selected by Swiss Army – The Indago 3 drone from Lockheed Martin has been selected by the Swiss Army for tactical reconnaissance and surveillance. The contract includes unmanned aircraft as well as spares, training, technological support, and additional systems.
Artificial Intelligence (AI) recognizes plastic waste in drone photos – A group of universities and startups in Japan have tested the use of artificial intelligence (AI) to recognize plastic waste in drone photos.
Disinfectant-spraying drones to fight coronavirus in Texas stadiums – The Cotton Bowl stadium, located in Fair Park in Dallas, has hired Arvika Aerial Tech and R-Water to use disinfectant-spraying drones to fight the coronavirus and clean the stadium to help bring back fans and spectators.
New drone project aids sea turtle conservation in Florida – Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University has teamed up with aviation leader Northrop Grumman and the Brevard Zoo to launch a new drone project or unmanned aircraft-based surveillance effort, to improve sea turtle conservation along Florida’s Space Coast.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Civil Air Patrol Teams with Unmanned Safety Institute on UAS Safety and Education
- Barking drones and quad bikes no replacement for a good sheep dog
- Northern Fleet to exercise drone downings in border area to Norway
- International drone operation patrols Estonia’s waters
- DRONESHIELD UPDATES SENSOR TO DETECT DRONES 8KM AWAY
- De Luz couple say man threatened them for flying a drone, claimed to be officer
- Lockheed Martin introduces new all virtual drone intern program
- Greece denies fake news that it is buying drones from Turkey
- Drone Delivery Canada Announces Commercial Agreement With Georgina Island First Nation For COVID-19 Project
- State Police Investigate Drone Activity near SCI/Frackville
- How to avoid drift during drone spraying
- For Drones in Public Safety, Responsibility Is Everything
- CIA reveals details of bird-like 1970s stealth drone with planned nuclear propulsion
- Thieves may be using drones to scope out dogs to steal in Cork
- Drone Swarm lets you command 32,000 drones in space
- Covington uses drones to check roads
- Revealed: How 2,000 police drone flights have saved lives and led to scores of arrests
- Drones help growers reduce £100m oilseed losses
- ‘Baby shark’ drones to help rescue helicopter missions
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.