Daily Drone News – Monday July 10, 2020
Here are today's most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
DJI Mavic 2 Air firmware update brings 4K Zoom Mode and more – v01.00.0340 – After some confusing firmware updates for the DJI Mavic Air 2 last week, it seems that DJI now has cleaned up its act and got everybody on the same new firmware version v01.00.0340. This version offers a new 4K Zoom Mode and some other cool new features such as improved APAS, 4K in Hyperlapse, Optimized FPV mode for the gimbal, and more. Check out the videos below.
Disastrous oil spill in Mauritius shown in drone footage – The Japanese oil tanker, MV Wakashio ran aground in Mauritius on July 25. The ship is leaking heavily and spilling much of the oil into the pristine Mauritian waters. The disastrous oil spill is shown in drone footage. Btw – did you notice the helicopter?
With a $1M state grant a university plans to deliver PPE kits by drone to fight COVID-19 – With a $1 million state grant, the Elizabeth City State University plans to use drones to deliver Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) test kits to help fight COVID-19 in rural areas of Northeastern North Carolina.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Police Are Monitoring Black Lives Matter Protests With Ring Doorbell Data and Drones
- Oakland Homeless Camp From 2018 Drone View
- NDP 2020: Six patrol vessels with thermal cameras and drones to help keep S'pore's waters safe
- WA goes big on aerial policing capability using drones
- WHY DRONE FLIGHT SIMULATORS MARKET ON A VERGE TO CREATE BOOMING GROWTH CYCLE?
- Drone display in Wuhan pays tribute to heroic Wuhan residents
- People who fly drones over a military base in Japan may soon face hefty fines, jail time
- FAA to Receive $3.3 Million in Drone Grants to Universities
- Data Map Illustrates Surveillance by Massachusetts Police
- Man illegally flew drone over Cirencester homes
- Drone footage shows the devastating aftermath of Beirut explosion up close
- Eco-friendly drone made from pineapple leaves
- Journalist detained for flying drone at Butterworth courts
- CIA declassified 1960s bird-like Aquiline reconnaissance drone project
- Learning capabilities of drone swarms
- Clean Sweep: How Sanitization Drones Can Ensure Campus Safety
- Drone teams form part of £1.3m DASA innovation contracts for surveying water crossings
- Russia's ‘Hunter' Is Unlike Anything in America's Arsenal
- North Carolina university to enlist drones in COVID-19 fight
- Drone footage shows the scale of destruction in Beirut
- This Drone Made the First Home Delivery in the United States
- Eastern European NATO allies ramp up drone buys to protect their borders
- Drone Crash Due To GPS Interference In U.K. Raises Safety Questions
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
If you'd like to stay up to date with all the latest drone News, scoops, rumors, and reviews, then follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram or…
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.