Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Flightless drone created by 80-year-old mechanic is a work-of-art – A flightless drone created by an 80-year-old mechanic is truly a work-of-art. The unmanned aircraft consists of 265 handcrafted pieces, 362 screws, and 1,560 hours of work and you can admire it in the video below.
No Drone Zone during Republican National Convention in Charlotte, NC – The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) just shared the following press release from the Secret Service, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, and the FAA on Facebook reminding drone operators of the “No Drone Zone” during the Republican National Convention in Charlotte, NC on August 24, 2020.
Diver recovers DJI Mavic Pro with daredevil footage from American River – Diver, Mike Pelley recovers a DJI Mavic Pro drone from the American River. The drone still had footage of a daredevil jumping off the historic Folsom Truss Bridge on its micro-SD card. Pelley is using social media to find the owner of the unmanned aerial device so that he can return it.
Mavic Air 2 captures lightning in long exposure aerial photos – Photographer uses his DJI Mavic Air 2 to capture lightning in long exposure aerial photos. With shutter speeds as slow as eight seconds, Chris Adolor was able to take really sharp and amazing stills of a nearby thunderstorm.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Dog hit by car swims river and is found by drone in incredible Doncaster rescue
- Blue Jays say no drones allowed at Sahlen Field
- WATCH: Incredible drone footage shows extent of huge Doncaster pub fire
- Could drones be the answer to pesky corellas in Perth?
- FAA announces $3.3 million in grants for Mississippi State-led ASSURE coalition researching drone use during emergencies
- Watch shocking drone footage reveal scorched earth in major blaze near Horsham
- Stafford summer camp gives teens hands-on lessons in drones, robots and cybersecurity
- Canada Wants Armed Drones in the Air by 2025
- Russian air force to receive long-range combat drones in 2021
- The UK is spending big on migrant-tracking drones to surveil the seas
- Whales surprise Australian surfers in striking drone footage
- How drones increase safety for firefighters
- Chobham Common fire: Drone footage shows extent of damage
- Rwanda seeks investors for Huye-based drone facility
- NASA RESEARCH TO BE CONDUCTED AT ROME DRONE TEST SITE
- A Hartford business is training out-of-work pilots to fly drones as coronavirus pandemic limits travel
- Iraq fumes against Turkey over deadly drone attack
- One in five drone users flouting rules by flying in restricted air space
- Drone users warned after reports of flights over residential properties
- Bringing Non-Cooperative Drone Traffic into UTM Solutions
- City of Oroville will soon own a drone
- Percepto’s commercial drones set a precedent for drone safety
- How to turn drone-flying kids into tech-savvy experts
- Russia To Field Long-Range Attack Drones In 2021
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.