Teal unveils Golden Eagle commercial sUAS platform with immediate availability for enterprise and public sector. US-made commercial drone and autonomy software provide superior aerial surveillance and awareness to government, public safety and industrial customers.
U.S.-based Teal unveils Golden Eagle commercial sUAS Platform
Teal announced the public launch and immediate availability of Golden Eagle, a new US-made commercial drone system that provides aerial surveillance and awareness through scalable, secure, and rugged technology. Designed and manufactured entirely in the US to ensure the highest levels of data security and performance, Teal already has pilot programs running at Fortune 500 companies, as well as many government agencies. Golden Eagle serves as a dual-use platform and was recently selected as an approved system for the Department of Defense and Federal Government as part of DIU’s Blue sUAS Project and will soon be available on the GSA schedule.
“Golden Eagle is the system we’ve always wanted to build. It’s the culmination of five years of work to bring to market a combined hardware and software platform that maintains the ethos of Teal One, but with new industrial-grade technology ready for the most demanding aerial operations,” said George Matus, founder and CEO of Teal. “From the beginning, we’ve worked to build unmanned systems to be more than just flying cameras. Golden Eagle fulfills that vision and more, equipping businesses and government agencies alike with a scalable, secure, and rugged system that keeps them informed and protected in the field.”
US businesses are deploying drones in unprecedented numbers, with applications ranging from agriculture and public safety to construction and emergency services. Recent numbers from Barclays estimates the global commercial drone market will grow tenfold to $40 billion in five years. Teal is the only company among those behind this growth that offers a fully US-made system and with production capabilities to scale and drive mass adoption. Teal is immediately focused on bringing Golden Eagle to customers in civil and defense, as well as in commercial industries, including agriculture, surveying, construction, energy, and logistics.
Golden Eagle equips customers for the most demanding aerial operations. It’s as simple to unleash advanced capabilities and solve critical problems, as it is to deploy and start flying on day one.
Notable features include:
- A powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 mobile computing platform with real-time edge processing to enable autonomy capabilities, computer vision and AI detection of people and vehicles.
- A new standard in aerial data security, including AES 256 encryption, secure boot capability, and more, notably surpassing Department of Defense requirements, complying with section 848 of the FY20 NDAA, and addressing head-on the dual-use, dependency and data-flow concerns synonymous with foreign platforms.
- A swappable payload at the front of the system that stabilizes two cameras – a surveillance-grade 4K sensor and a high-sensitivity FLIR thermal sensor – for operations in any conditions, including low-light and no-light scenarios.
Front-facing obstacle avoidance, wide-angle visual-inertial odometry, and onboard artificial intelligence to enable autonomous flight.
- An efficient, high-voltage propulsion system that provides high flight performance and endurance with a low acoustic signature that makes it inaudible at minimal ranges, creating an exceptional tool for intelligence and surveillance.
- A compact and ruggedized airframe that flies at faster than 50 MPH with flight times of up to 50 minutes and starting operational ranges of more than 2 miles. Golden Eagle also performs in extreme environments of 30+ MPH of wind resistance and between -32° and 110° Fahrenheit.
Golden Eagle pairs seamlessly with Teal’s new TAC ground control station for a fully secure end-to-end solution.
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.