Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
AMA, AOPA, EAA, and Wing send letter to FAA to change Remote ID – The Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA), the Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association (AOPA), the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA), and Google’s drone delivery company, Wing, sent a letter to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) urging the government agency to consider making essential changes to the Proposed Rule for Remote Identification for Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS).
Walmart partners with Zipline for drone delivery in the United States – In an exciting news release today, Walmarts announces that it has teamed up with Zipline to deliver packages in a way that is convenient, fast, and safe, i.e. delivery by drone. Zipline was recently approved to start testing its drone delivery service in North Carolina. In an effort to keep up with Amazon, Walmart has started testing delivery drones in Fayetteville, also in North Carolina.
Cuomo welcomes back NY drone pilots from fighting wildfires – On Friday, Governor Andrew Cuomo welcomed home a team of New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Forest Rangers, staff, volunteers, and two drone pilots of the New York Air National Guard, who have been helping battle and contain wildland fires raging in California, Nebraska, and South Dakota for the past two weeks.
Drone points lifeguards to swimmer in distress off Famara Beach in Lanzarote, Spain – Spanish lifeguard organization, Emerlan posted the following video on Facebook. The video shows how a drone points lifeguards to a swimmer in distress off the Famara Beach in Lanzarote, Spain.
DJI Fly app update 1.1.8 shows remaining storage space on MicroSD card – DJI updated the DJI Fly app over the weekend. The latest update brings the app to version 1.1.8 and it now shows the remaining storage space left on your MicroSD card either in GB’s or in recording-time-left.
Update: DJI just made a newer version of the app available on the Apple App Store called version 1.1.9 with the same update information. It seems that there were some bugs left.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- A DIRECTOR’S DASHBOARD FOR MULTIPLE DRONES LIVE PRODUCTION
- Man cited for repeatedly flying drones over private property
- AlarisPro Wants to Bring Drone Fleet Management to Another Level by Following the Lead of Manned Aviation
- Troubling Drone Incursions Have Occurred Over Guam’s THAAD Anti-Ballistic Missile Battery
- Drone maker hurt by US-China rift, opening door to US rivals
- A Pilotless Pilot Program
- M300 RTK IN COMMERCIAL DRONE PROGRAMMES
- Defence Secretary Ben Wallace signals drones could replace troops
- Drone shows new tent camp for Lesbos migrants
- Drone footage shows lengthy line of cars entering Chesterfield Food Bank
- Drone captures unusual activity in forests of Sukma
- Satellites, sensors and drones could put out bushfires within an hour
- New drone technology could get stadiums ready for sports again
- Detroit Lakes High School gets $15,000 STEM grant for new class that will include drone piloting
- Riverside Fire burns 133K acres, flight restrictions in effect
- This drone breaks a world record by making a 100 km delivery to an offshore gas platform
- Navy’s New Unmanned Fleet Likely To Hunt Chinese & Russian Subs
- Hey Sydney, Get Ready For Beach Drones To Ensure You’re Social Distancing All Fkn Summer
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.