Daily Drone News – Thursday September 17, 2020
Here are today's most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
3DR's Chris Anderson suggests four ways DJI can stay ‘out of the penalty box' – Yesterday, in a self-serving opinion piece on Bloomberg, 3DR's CEO Chris Anderson offered four ways DJI and other Chinese hardware companies can keep itself ‘out of the penalty box.' However, there's a fifth solution that isn't mentioned in the article, but that Anderson would likely know about.
FAA looks for owner DJI Mavic Mini drone that nearly hit Aero Med helicopter – Officials of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) are looking for the owner of a DJI Mavic Mini drone that nearly hit an Aero Med helicopter while landing at Butterworth Hospital in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Police drone assists in capture of murder suspect in Rapid Valley – Early Wednesday morning, law enforcement was assisted by a Police drone to catch a murder suspect who was hiding in a Rapid Valley creek, according to a News release from the Rapid City Police Department and Pennington County Sheriff's Office.
Drones help dolphin reproductive research at University of Hawai'i – Drones aid the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa's Marine Mammal Research Program (MMRP) and Dolphin Quest as they are conducting a scientific study aimed at better understanding the health of dolphin populations.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- A drone flies over Wrigley Field, causing a 7-minute delay in the Cubs-Indians game
- Drone video shows extensive damage in Alabama as Hurricane Sally makes landfall
- New Home Team drone can fly farther for security sweeps
- Prisons Fear Escape By Drone, Presumably Because They've Never Seen a Drone
- This drone footage shows an Oregon city nearly destroyed by wildfires
- Delivery drone manufacturer receives funding boost
- Red-tailed hawk sends a DRONE plummeting to the ground after it flies too close to the bird's perch
- Drone video shows landslide blocking Presumpscot River in Westbrook
- Drone footage of View Royal highlights thick smoke in Greater Victoria
- Notoriously Shy RQ-170 Spy Drone Lands At Its Skunk Works Birthplace
- Could Drones Delivering Defibrillators Save Lives?
- France sees joint European drone project launched this year
- Drones to spot sharks and struggling swimmers launched for Sunshine Coast school holidays
- Volvo owner Geely, China's bestselling carmaker, is selling drones and building flying cars
- What a Few Cakes Say About the US Drone Program
- Drones could be used to light up dark accident sites in UAE
- China's Geely Unit Releases New Drone Aoshi X-Chimera 25
- Innovation Call for Urban Drone Technology
- Firefighters ask to keep personal drones grounded to enable aircraft to engage wildfires
- Workhorse Group's Last-Mile Solution May Be the Only One
- Drones could be used in search and rescue operations in Lyme Bay.
- Canadian-made robot kills COVID-19 safely from a distance
- Mexican cartel using weaponized drones in drug wars to take out rivals
- Are Drones the Inevitable Future for Receiving Retail Packages?
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
If you'd like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors, and reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, or…
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.