Daily Drone News – Thursday October 1, 2020
Here are today's most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
DJI Matrice 300 locates swimmer and drops flotation device during test – Last week in The Netherlands, drone company DroneQ Aerial Services used a DJI Matrice 300 to locate a swimmer and drop a flotation device during a test. The exercise was part of the Dutch Drone Delta coalition and took place in partnership with the SAR organization, the Dordtse Reddingsbrigade.
Dutch Drone Delta delivers package to moving vessel in port of Rotterdam – Dutch Drone Delta held a new trial during which a drone delivered a package to the inland vessel Duancis. During this operation, Duancis was moving at normal speed along the waterway near Brienenoord Island. This was the second of a series of trial flights with delivery drones, a DJI Matrice 300 in this case, in the port of Rotterdam, the company said in its release.
Police drone shot at during standoff in Killeen, Texas – On Monday afternoon, Killeen Police Department officers were dispatched to the 2600 block of Legacy Lane, in reference to a report of a person with a firearm and shots fired. The ensuing standoff, during which the police drone was shot at, has the suspect facing both a felony and a misdemeanor charge.
Police take suspect into custody with help from police drone and K9s – In Allen County, Indiana, a suspect was taken into custody with the help of a police drone and K9s. The suspect was apprehended on Wednesday after a high-speed chase through southeast Fort Wayne.
Drone Amplified: Washington needs to reconsider drone-banning proposals – Washington needs to reconsider drone-banning proposals, argues Carrick Detweiler, CEO of Drone Amplified. He explains in an open letter why drones play such a crucial rule in monitoring, preventing, and fighting wildfires. Detweiler also argues for the U.S. Government to create Data Security standards for drones instead of simply looking at the country of origin. You can read the entire letter below. I recommend reading it as it gives an important perspective on how drones can help to keep us safe in a saver and less expensive way compared to traditional methods.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Drone Industry Powers on in a Post-COVID-19 World to be Worth US$92 billion by 2030
- Atlanta Falcons to use drones to clean stadium after games
- 15 mesmerizing photos taken by drones that let you see the world in a whole new light
- How this 22-year-old college dropout started a drone company on track for $100,000 in sales
- COVID Clears the Skies for Earth-Observing Drones in Nepal
- Using Drones to Rescue Wildlife From Climate Disasters
- Israeli drones in Azerbaijan raise questions on use in the battlefield
- Drone gives North Collier County firefighters, rescue services tactical advantage
- The U.S. may be readying drone strikes in Kenya. That might increase the violence.
- Delta Police using drones to monitor gatherings, look for missing people
- Could China Really Shoot Down a U.S. Military MQ-9 Reaper Drone?
- TempoCap leads $12.1m Funding Round for Dedrone
- Companies are improving capabilities of drones to transport heavier loads
- Mitchell Touts Low-Cost Drones As ‘Force Multipliers'
- Bell flies APT 70 cargo drone through DFW airspace in successful NASA demo
- The Navy Is Building A Network Of Drone Submarines And Sensor Buoys In The Arctic
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
If you'd like to stay up to date with all the latest drone News, scoops, rumors, and reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, or…
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Follow DroneXL.co on your Google News feed.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.