Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Part 107 pilots beware, Skydio is NOT your friend – This week Drone Deploy has their conference and in one of the presentations, it becomes clear for Part 107 pilots that Skydio is not their friend. Skydio envisions a future without drone pilots and one that is not allowed under the current Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) drone regulations.
Even Casey Neistat had to wait one year before testing the Skydio 2 – It seems that even Casey Neistat had to wait a very long time before he could test the Skydio 2, as he posts this video on YouTube almost exactly one year after the autonomously flying drone hit the market.
Two DJI marketing managers leave the world’s largest drone maker – In short succession, DJI lost two marketing managers in senior positions. Today, Mia Chen (Chen Muru), the VP of Marketing, resigned, and a few weeks earlier, Dorian Lawson, a Senior Marketing Manager for DJI, left the company.
New DJI Zenmuse P1 and L1 payloads for DJI Matrice 300 – Today at the INTERGEO Digital 2020 event in Germany, DJI will announce two new payloads for the DJI Matrice 300 series. The drone maker releases the DJI Zenmuse P1, a 45MP full-frame camera with three interchangeable prime lenses (24/35/50mm), and the DJI Zenmuse L1, the company’s first Lidar solution for aerial surveying. The Zenmuse L1 features a 20-megapixel camera with a 1-inch CMOS sensor and a mechanical shutter on a 3-axis stabilized gimbal. See DJI’s official release below.
Amazon Prime Day drone deals, DJI Mavic Mini, MicroSD cards, and more – Today and tomorrow are the Amazon Prime Days with deals on drones, microSD cards and more check it out below. We have listed drones, accessories, and other items such as drone camera bags. Check ’em out!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- 5GAT Drone Ready for First Flight
- How U.S. Army’s Billion-Dollar Gamble On Drone Defense Could Go Wrong
- Cheap drones from China, Turkey and Israel are fueling conflicts like Armenia and Azerbaijan’s
- Cheektowaga Walmart Using Drones to Deliver COVID-19 Tests
- Former inmate arrested on charges of trying to use drones to smuggle contraband into Fort Dix Federal Prison
- Drone footage of girder placement on high-speed rail project
- China Releases Video Of New Barrage Swarm Drone Launcher
- Transport Canada Approves Beyond Visual Line of Sight (BVLOS) Commercial Drone Operations with Iris Automation’s Casia Safety Technology
- Army partners with University of Illinois on autonomous drone swarm technology
- A Partial Ban on Autonomous Weapons Would Make Everyone Safer
- Volatus Aerospace now channel partner for leading UAV manufacturer DJI
- Drone and autonomous robot deliver package to island
- A2Z Drone Delivery starts new system to lower ship payloads
- Crowded Space Drones receives UK’s first surveillance compliance certificate
- drone-like volocopter tests rapid emergency air rescues for rural communities
- More 2020 weirdness: Walmart delivers Covid-19 tests from the sky
- DroneDeploy Expands Data Platform Beyond Drones
- ‘Drone Swarm’ Set For Release In October
- Ship emissions monitoring drone deployed over the English Channel
- Nigerian based drone tech startup secures $100 000 funding
- QUEENSLAND FIREFIGHTERS CALL FOR DRONES TO BE GROUNDED
- How Boeing AH-64 Apache Helicopters, Blackhawks and Drones Could Save Lives
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.