Here are today's most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Mini 2 low-light performance, RAW, and auto-exposure bracketing – Did you wonder what the DJI Mini 2 low-light performance, RAW, and auto-exposure bracketing (AEB) would be like? So, did I. Monday night, I took the Mini 2 out to see how well this latest DJI drone would do. You can download the videos, RAW, and JPEG files right here.
DJI Mavic Air 2 firmware update adds Mini 2 to remote controller – V02.00.1100 – With a small Firmware Update (V02.00.1100) for the DJI Mavic Air 2, the new Mini 2 has been added. So, now you can select which drone you'd like the controller to connect with before you start flying. This allows you to use one controller for multiple DJI drones in a similar fashion as to what's already possible with the DJI Smart Controller.
DJI Fly app updated for the new Mini 2 drone – Version 1.2.0 – The DJI Fly App received an update with the arrival of the DJI Mini 2 drone yesterday. The new update adds QuickTransfer that allows you to download photos and videos from the DJI Mini 2 directly to your phone at 20 MB/s without the use of the remote controller. Furthermore, there is an Enhanced Photo function added, the ability to trim video clips, and more.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Drones take larger role at Sheriff's Office
- Drones are helping to protect the environment in novel ways
- Drone surveys reveal fire damage and recovery in UC natural reserves
- Autonomous drone startup Skydio taps Tesla, Samsara veterans in enterprise push
- Chinese promise drone sale response
- Kansas students reaching new heights through drone tech
- $600M Maritime Drone Sale to Taiwan Approved by State Dept.; Beijing Complains
- Drone finds lost hunter on Friday
- Verizon abandons plans for drone testing facility in North Portland
- Donbas: Ukrainian military man injured with rocket-propelled grenade dropped from drone
- Geneinno's T1 underwater drone goes Pro
- Strike drones sold to Taiwan
- Manam volcano news and eruption updates (New Guinea):
- Autonomous Drone Maker Skydio Adds Key Product and Engineering Executives to Growing Team
- 5G: Using drones to beam signals from the stratosphere
- Female Drone Pilot Is Continuing The Pioneering Aviation Tradition
- FAA issues flight restrictions for Wilmington as election results loom
- The Circle Ending Explained: What Does Mae's Kayaking Shot With Drones At The End Suggest?
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
Copyright © DroneXL.co 2023. All rights reserved. The content, images, and intellectual property on this website are protected by copyright law. Reproduction or distribution of any material without prior written permission from DroneXL.co is strictly prohibited. For permissions and inquiries, please contact us here.
FTC: DroneXL.co is an Amazon Associate and uses affiliate links that can generate income from qualifying purchases. We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email.