Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Delivering COVID-19 vaccines by drone, Volansi’s Hannan Parvizian explains – Delivering COVID-19 vaccines by drone is certainly possible. Currently, Volansi is delivering medical supplies to rural patients by drone in North Carolina. In this short video interview on NBC New York, co-founder, and CEO of Volansi, Hannan Parvizian discusses how the company was able to develop the first drone delivery service for temperature-controlled medications from manufacturers directly to health care facilities via their vertical-take-off-and-landing (VTOL) technology.
Drone maker Hoverfly sues for trademark infringement – On Monday, drone maker Hoverfly Technologies, Inc. filed a complaint in the Eastern District of Michigan against defendant Hoverfly, Inc. for trademark infringement and unfair competition.
Firmware update for DJI Mavic Air 2 – v01.00.0460 – DJI released a firmware update for the DJI Mavic Air 2 that includes that ability to also use the controller for the DJI Mini 2, an updated return-to-home altitude of 400 feet, an optimized downward vision system, and a quieter start-up procedure.
Funding secured to deliver test kits for PPE and COVID-19 by drone – A group working to set up a Drone Emergency Medical Airbridge between Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly in the United Kingdom to support the current medical supply chain of the National Health Service ( NHS) has received a share of £33 million ($43.5 million USD) in funding from the UK government to use drones to address major global challenges. As part of this project, drones will be used to deliver test kits for PPE and COVID-19.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Drone taxi and bags of rice take flight in South Korea
- UAE to get its first Reaper drones, clinches F-35 deal as Trump administration pushes through final arms sales
- Vancouver Island-based company first in Canada to deliver goods by drone
- Drone footage of flooding around Winston-Salem
- Clearing all waivers ahead of structural partnership with Aquiline Drones (Drone Volt)
- Stolen £10,000 vehicle found with drone in late-night raid
- Infrared drone helps ‘find hot spots’ amid 3-alarm fire at ‘the cheel’
- Drones to monitor Sydney beaches this summer to ensure COVID-19 compliance
- Dublin High students design drone to sanitize school for reopening
- Drone flyover gives view of nearly completed runway at Savannah-Hardin County airport
- Powerdolphin review: This underwater drone gives a new perspective on boating
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.