Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
Arecibo Observatory cable break assessed with drones to minimize risk – To minimize the risk to personnel, drones and remote cameras are used to investigate two cable breaks that support the 900-ton platform that is part of the Arecibo Observatory in Puerto Rico.
How to get ActiveTrack on your DJI Mini 2 drone – The DJI Mini 2 is an awesome little drone that is featherlight but as a result, lacks some noticeable features found on other DJI drones such as obstacle avoidance and DJI’s ActiveTrack. However, if you use the QuickShots on the DJI Mini 2, you can actually trick the drone into actively tracking you.
Autel EVO II 8K discounted by $448 on Amazon – The Autel EVO II 8K version is now discounted by $448 on Amazon when you use a special coupon code. This drone currently retails for $1,495 but after applying the discount you will only pay $1,046.50 plus taxes. That is almost a 30% discount.
Walmart drone delivery COVID-19 test kits extends to El Paso, TX – After having launched pilots in New York and Nevada, Walmart now extends its drone delivery service of self-collecting COVID-19 test kits to El Paso, TX, starting today.
FAA to survey drone pilot fatigue and rest for future rulemaking – As the Drone Industry keeps expanding, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) announces a new survey to collect data on drone pilot fatigue and rest. The aviation authority will use the results from the study for future rulemaking.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Drone On A Leash: Orion 2 Tethered Mini-Drones Can Fly 24-Hour Shifts
- Everything You Need to Know About Drone Photography
- The British Army is Looking to Use Drones to Ambush The Enemy
- DSV improves warehouse operations with drone system
- Orion 2 tethered drone hexacopter development announced
- ‘They destroyed our life’: Iraqi Kurds fear Turkey’s drones in PKK mountain war
- Pullman police remind public of drone safety
- ASU students tackle drone defense in hackathon
- World record drone flights: Hydrogen vs battery vs gasoline-electric
- France seeks drones to detect, intercept battlefield radio communications
- Volansi Expands Drone Development with New Location
- AgEagle reports record revenue in Q3
- F-drones completes world’s first commercial night drone delivery
- EAD and Engie use drones in mangrove rehabilitation
- Agricultural Drone Maker XAG Closes $183 Million Funding Round
- Follow up on prohibiting fishing with drones in Montana
- North Sea drone emissions campaign extended
- Drones to deliver tests and PPE to Isles of Scilly
- Easyjet plane came within 3ft of smashing into drone
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.