Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
DJI: “FLYING DRONES SAFEST FORM OF AVIATION” – Flying drones is the safest form of aviation there is, claims DJI, based on an analysis of public data on flight hours and reported incidents. In the past year alone, millions of flying hours were made with recreational drones, resulting in zero deaths. DJI, therefore, believes that the regulations should not be made much stricter.
AERIAL HIGHWAYS, THE FUTURE OF DRONE DELIVERIES? AND, WHO SHOULD OWN THEM? – Will aerial highways become the way of the future when it comes to drone deliveries? The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has teamed up with Airspace Link, Inc., a Detroit-based provider of drone-flight authorization and management solutions, and the city of Ontario, Calif. to create aerial highways for deliveries by drone, and other unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) operations.
DO THESE LEAKED PHOTOS REALLY SHOW THE DJI MAVIC 3 AND CAMERA? – Just now, leaked photos surfaced on Twitter, showing a new camera possibly on a DJI Mavic 3 drone. Or at least that’s what the tweet would like us to think. However, there’s also a good chance that this is not a DJI Mavic 3 at all, but an older prototype of the DJI Mavic 2. Let’s take a closer look.
DJI BLACK FRIDAY SALE AND HOLIDAY PROMOTION – UP TO 46% OFF – Here are the DJI Black Friday Sale and Holiday Promotion deals for 2020. A lot of great discounts, making it easy for you to find the perfect gift for a loved one or family member. The Black Friday sale will run from November 20 – 30, 2020 and the Holiday Promotion will run from December 13, 2020, until January 1, 2021.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Drones to the rescue: Berlin lab seeks quicker virus tests
- Industrial drone maker Percepto raises $45M and integrates with Boston Dynamics’ Spot
- Monster Crocodile Intimidates Shark in Drone Video
- City tax collectors seek flying drone army to assess your home
- Turkish firm develops AI-powered software for drone swarms
- Drone deliveries to rural areas on UK government’s radar
- Next-generation drones could learn from bumblebees’ amazing flight
- Medical Supply Drones Pass a Critical Test
- Antyodaya: Drones May Be The Answer To Vaccine Delivery Challenge
- Drones move law enforcement into the future
- The Secret Weapon That Will Save Oil & Gas Pipeline Operators Billions
- NEW STATUTE FOR DRONES IN STEARNS COUNTY
- Drone footage being used to study why Arctic is now ‘greening’
- 10 Drone Companies Receive Airworthiness Criteria from FAA
- Apache helicopter was deployed to help police track rogue drone
- Drone company taking a lead on responsible forest management
- Drone delivery service Wing looks to deliver the goods for Logan tradies
- AI that directs drones to film ‘exciting’ shots could lower video production costs
- Taliban using hobby drones to drop bombs on govt forces
- Volatus Aerospace Expands Drone Services in Ontario
- Cold War nuclear weapons base where Britain kept atomic bombs designed to wipe out the Soviet Union gives up its secrets in new drone photos
- Drones using new technology to predict volcanic eruptions
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.