Daily Drone News – Thursday November 26, 2020
Here are today's most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
IS THIS PITSTOP FILMED WITH THE NEW DJI FPV DRONE? – Check out this short video clip that DJI released on Twitter, earlier today. Was this filmed with the yet to be released DJI FPV Drone? There are some hints that might indicate so.
FAA FINES PHILADELPHIA DRONE PILOT AND YOUTUBER $184,500 – The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has fined fellow drone pilot Mickey from Philadelphia, better known as Youtube comedian PhillydroneLife, for $184,500 in proposed civil penalties for the drone videos he live-streamed to Youtube. Yes, you read that correctly, $184,500 in fines.
NYC TAX COLLECTORS ARE LOOKING TO DRONES TO INCREASE REVENUE – New York City tax collectors are looking to drones to help them increase revenues by using unmanned aircraft to conduct property assessments. Setting up their own pilot certification program is also on the agenda. However, experts point out that a decades-old law prevents drones from being used in the city, even by NYC tax collectors.
NY DRONE PILOT FINDS LOST PUP THAT HAD BEEN MISSING FOR OVER A WEEK – A New York drone pilot used his unmanned aircraft to find a Golden Retriever pup that had been missing for over a week in a wooded area near Andes, NY.
DJI BLACK FRIDAY SALE AND HOLIDAY PROMOTION – UP TO 46% OFF – Here are the DJI Black Friday Sale and Holiday Promotion deals for 2020. A lot of great discounts, making it easy for you to find the perfect gift for a loved one or family member. The Black Friday sale will run from November 20 – 30, 2020 and the Holiday Promotion will run from December 13, 2020, until January 1, 2021.
DRONES HELP GOLDMAN SACHS CLOSE BILLION-DOLLAR M&A DEALS – Due to Coronavirus travel restrictions, investment banks such as Goldman Sachs are using drones to provide clients with a bird's eye view of the companies they're bidding on, says Stephen Feldgoise, the bank's global co-head of mergers and acquisitions.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Westport police use drone to locate suicidal man
- California police adopt WingtraOne drone for wildfire damage assessment
- Explosive Projectile-laden Drones to Navigate Small Spaces
- India Leases 2 Maritime Surveillance Drones From US: Report
- Local bank donates drone to Carlton Co. Sheriff's Office
- SOLD OUT Walmart to host a free holiday drone show at Phoenix Raceway in December
- Plane put ‘in danger' by drone as it came in to land at Elstree Aerodrome
- Blockchain-based environmental drones ‘can help fight water pollution', say scientists
- UW Researchers Identify Invasive Plants With Drones And Satellites
- SENEGAL: The State is studying the drone trail for the security of its national parks
- Apache attack helicopters assist Essex Police in hunt for Stansted Airport drone
- Northrop Grumman grabs $4.8B DoD contract for Global Hawk drone
- Police Scotland under fire for using drones to record protests
- Malaysia's Aerodyne takes stake in Australian drone inspector
- Police: Dog missing after owner killed in Vernon hit-and-run
- Drones drafted in to help investigation into Black Isle gyrocopter death crash
- C.I.A. Officer Is Killed in Somalia
- Indian Navy leases two Sea Guardian drones from US to enhance surveillance over IOR
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
If you'd like to stay up to date with all the latest drone News, scoops, rumors, and reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, or…
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.