Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
AMSTERDAM OPENS URBAN TEST CENTER FOR DRONES – An urban test center for drone applications will be created in the center of Amsterdam, The Netherlands, said Sharon Dijksma of Traffic and Transport during the opening of the Amsterdam Drone Week 2020, which will be held completely virtually this year. The goal is to gain more experience flying drones above the urban environment.
DUTCH RESEARCHER WANTS TO GIVE DRONES “PHYSICAL SELF-AWARENESS” – Over the next few years, TU Delft researcher Coen de Visser will be working on a system that should give autonomous robots and drones a certain degree of “physical self-awareness.” The idea is that robots gain insight into their physical limitations, even in the event of a malfunction. This should result in autonomously operating robots and drones being able to rescue themselves from an emergency situation independently in the future.
DRONE DRUG DROP FOILED BY AUSTRALIAN PRISON GUARDS – As a drone drug drop that took place at the Barwon Prison in Australia in October is still under investigation, another contraband delivery by unmanned aircraft happened at Melbourne’s Port Phillip Prison.
DEPUTIES USE DRONE TO TRACK DOWN SUSPECTED DUI DRIVER WITHOUT SUCCESS – Deputies used a drone to track down a suspected DUI driver without success. A Fresno County sheriff’s deputy noticed a driver in a pickup truck who appeared to be under the influence. The driver took off after a failed attempt from the deputy to pull him over.
THERMAL DRONE: $3,500. 500 LIVES SAVED BY DRONES: PRICELESS! – DJI started counting and tracking the number of people whose lives have been saved with the help of drones some time ago. As of October 11th, DJI concludes that at least 500 people have been rescued by drones worldwide. This new milestone underscores the importance of drones to our societies and showcases why every team of first responders should have a thermal drone at their disposal. Cost of a basic thermal drone: $3,500. 500 lives saved by drones: Priceless!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Napa man tells his story about being trapped under a boulder
- Drone Delivery Canada Announces $6.0 Million Bought Deal Public Offering
- San Diego Wanted Massive Drone to Catch Speeding Drivers
- Nearly 1000 Drones To Fly Over The Cotton Bowl This Saturday
- Coast Guard completes drone ship exercise in Hawaii as Navy prepares unmanned asset test
- DJI Mini 2 drone review – small in size but huge on features and quality
- Waltham Offers $5,000 Reward For Information Leading To Arrest In Unprovoked Attacks
- Newly released drone footage reveals decrepit state of Christ Church Cathedral
- Premier vows to hastily replace Chinese drones
- Can Firefighting Drones Save Us From Catastrophe? System Could Have Slashed Damage From August Fires, CEO Claims
- Why drones have raised the odds and risks of small wars
- Drones Move From “Nice To Have” to Strategic Resources for Projects
- Fire Technology: Hazmat Response—Drones Are a Necessity
- The mystery of the Gatwick drone
- Iranian Revolutionary Guards commander reported killed in drone strike
- Drones plant trees from the sky after US wildfires
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.