Daily Drone News – Monday December 7, 2020
Here are today's most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
PART 107 AND SKYDIO 2 GIVEAWAY FROM DRONEXL AND DRONE U – We're giving away 20 Part 107 online courses and one Skydio 2 drone! Become an FAA-recognized ‘Pilot in Command' in 2021 by participating in our Part 107 and Skydio 2 Giveaway. DroneXL partnered with Drone U to giveaway 20 Part 107 online courses for one month each and one Skydio 2 drone to sweeten the deal!
HOW A CALIFORNIA POLICE DEPARTMENT IS USING DRONES – The NY Times posted a detailed article on how a California Police department is using drones to respond to 911 calls and aid in other day-to-day police activities. The use of drones by the police understandably raises concerns among various civil rights groups.
NATIONAL DEFENSE AUTHORIZATION ACT BANNING CHINESE DRONE TECH REPEALED – A House version of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) that aimed to prohibit the purchase of Chinese Drone Technology by U.S. federal agencies or with federal funding has been repealed by Congressmen.
AIRHUB'S ONLINE SORA TOOL AIDS DRONE OPERATIONS IN EUROPEAN SPECIFIC CATEGORY – The upcoming European regulations for drones are all about risk management. In the Open category, the risks are predefined and divided into three subcategories. In the Specific category, it works slightly differently: as a drone operator, you can choose to carry out a Specific Operations Risk Assessment (SORA) yourself. A new online tool from AirHub helps with this.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Drones Revolutionize Crash Investigations in Montana
- ‘Smellicopter' takes flight at UW with moth antenna on drone to fly toward smells and avoid obstacles
- Drones and AI detect soybean maturity with high accuracy
- At Michael Jordan's golf club, Grove XXIII, drones bring out drinks and snacks to golfers
- FAA gives approval for company to use swarms of drones to reforest burned areas
- Send in the Drones: First aerial drone-dipping sensors take off with Valeport
- Auburn Hills nonprofit delivers presents by drone to families in need
- Alabama Company Unveils Massive Drone to Launch Satellites
- Drone footage shows monster waves crashing into Lake Michigan lighthouse
- Drone developer Dronamics signs up 35 airports to serve as European hubs
- Plot to fly drugs into London jail by drone foiled, two charged: OPP
- Awesome, Now Police Are Using Automated Drones
- DETECT-AND-AVOID TECH COULD BE TAILORED FOR GA
- Drone Effectiveness Against Air Defenses, Not Tanks, Is the Real Concern
- Russian journalists who illegally filmed top drone manufacturer facilities in Turkey released
- Poland most friendly in Europe for drone business – survey
- Two Recent Accidents Ground US Navy Scout Helicopter Drones
- Washington Co. Sheriff's Office uses tech to find intoxicated driver
- DRONE TEST SITE IN ROME COMPLETES SECOND PHASE OF TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT PILOT PROGRAM
- Chinese drones pose serious threat
- Drone operator warned about ‘irresponsible' flying during demolition work
- River Forest residents call on tree service to save cat
- Textron Systems to supply 36 Shadow drones to US Army
- Canadian Ministry of Agriculture is Exploring the Viability of 5G Drones
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
If you'd like to stay up to date with all the latest drone News, scoops, rumors, and reviews follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, or…
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Follow DroneXL.co on your Google News feed.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.