Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
SKYDIO 2’S AMAZING OBSTACLE AVOIDANCE OR DUMB LUCK? – Check out this video on Youtube from Brandonee916 where he uses the autonomously flying Skydio 2 to film a Tesla Model 3 in full self-driving mode Beta on public roads in the Nevada desert. At one point in the video, we can see the Skydio 2 flying right in between two power lines or telephone wires crossing the road. Is that the drone’s amazing obstacle avoidance or just dumb luck?
DJI ROBOMASTER TT MINOR CONTROLLER SHOWS UP IN FCC FILING – Today another, DJI product showed up in an FCC Filing. It is the DJI Robomaster TT Minor Controller that we have seen before mounted on the DJI… I mean Ryze Tello drone. Better known as the DJI Robomaster Tello Talent. This product was first launched in Asia last summer but now will be making its way to the United States as well.
DJI TEASER AND ANNOUNCEMENT. POSSIBLE NEW ZOOM CAMERA FOR MAVIC 2 ENTERPRISE? – This morning DJI Enterprise teases us with a photo of what seems to be a mysterious new product that will be released on December 15th at 8 am EST. We suspect that this might be a new zoom camera gimbal combination for the DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise. Let’s take a closer look and see what we can make of this teaser photo.
DJI WEBINAR DRONES AND DISASTERS ON DECEMBER 14 – DJI organizes a webinar titled Drones and Disasters on December 14, 2020, at 1 pm EST. The webinar has the slogan “Preparing for wildfires in 2021 and beyond.”
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Exclusive: U.S. nears sale of four sophisticated drones to Morocco – sources
- Drones add new dimension to water security at South African utility
- Expert: No Evidence UAE Drones Are Being Used in Ethiopia’s Tigray Conflict
- Measure Ensures FAA Compliance for CoStar Group’s Industry-Leading Drone Program
- Boeing and Kratos Win Military Contracts to Build Autonomous “Skyborg” Drones
- Drone crashes into Allegiant Stadium causing several thousand dollars in damage
- UK’s first drone flight between commercial airports takes off from Cornwall
- Kratos lands $38.7 million drone contract with Navy
- Walmart says ‘Holiday Drone Light Show’ in Sacramento won’t happen after all
- Why did Congress strip the Chinese drone ban from the NDAA?
- NCDOT reminds new drone pilots to fly safe this holiday season
- Guns, drones and poison: the new age of assassination
- DJI Mavic 2 Pro review
- NBPD uses teamwork and tech in recent arrests
- Niles Trustees Approve Purchase Of Police Drone
- Drone delivery firm Manna wins grand prize at National Startup Awards
- Hong Kong-listed logistics firm ESR Cayman to launch world’s first cargo drone facility in Japan
- Jammu and Kashmir police to acquire 100 more drones for aerial surveillance
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.