Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
COMMERCE DEPARTMENT ADD DJI TO ITS ECONOMIC BLACKLIST – The U.S. Department of Commerce added Chinese drone giant SZ DJI Technology Co to its economic blacklist, a senior official told reporters on a conference call Friday morning, reports Reuters.
DRONE LAWYER JONATHAN RUPPRECHT EXPLAINS $182,000 IN FAA FINES – After having seen a copy of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) proposed penalty letter, drone lawyer Jonathan Rupprecht explains in detail the $182,000 in FAA fines a drone pilot in Philly received.
POLICE DRONE PHOTOS SHOW AFTERMATH OF A 66-VEHICLE PILEUP DURING SNOWSTORM – Police Drone Photos that were released by the state police show the aftermath of a 66-vehicle pileup on Interstate 80 in Central Pennsylvania during Wednesday’s snowstorm.
EASA CLEARS THE WAY FOR PARCEL TRANSPORT BY DRONE – The European Aviation Safety Agency EASA has published new rules and guidelines for drones transporting goods over urban areas. Inspection flights over greater distances from, for example, high-voltage lines and pipelines are also within reach. With the new rules, EASA wants to guarantee the safety of such drone operations and address concerns among citizens.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- US government bans tech exports to top drone maker DJI
- Tesla Model Y starts production at Gigafactory in China, drone video shows
- An Israeli cowboy hopes cattle-herding drones will modernize the livestock industry
- Skyfire Increases Officer and Community Safety Through New Drone as First Responder Program
- Drone Operator Rescues Woman From High Surf, Captures it On Video
- University using drones to sanitize sporting venues against COVID-19
- Duluth photographer discovers three bobcats on frozen St. Louis River
- Lethal A.I. drones are no longer fictional, but a dangerous fact
- ‘Useful Idiots’: Surveillance in Tech, ‘Biracial Commercials,’ Obama’s Drones
- German SPD under attack after shooting down armed drones
- Easy Aerial Partners with Travis Air Force Base for Autonomous Drone Security System
- Los Angeles Wants a Flying-Taxi Division. What Could Go Wrong?
- Skydio and Arris revolutionize drone design and manufacturing
- The Air Force has deployed its drone-killing microwave weapon to Africa
- Cheshire Police drone to be deployed over town centre
- Photos show 55-truck pileup on Interstate 80 in central Pennsylvania during snowstorm
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.