Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
NEW VERSION OF DJI FLY APP INCLUDES ATTITUDE INDICATOR – As we reported earlier, a new version of the DJI Fly app arrived. Version 1.2.2 now brings the Attitude Indicator to the app as well as Flight Tips, a customizable button on the remote controller, fixes, and more.
STRICTER RULES FOR FLYING DRONES IN ICELAND IN FIRST HALF OF 2021 – New and stricter rules for flying drones in Iceland will take effect in the first half of 2021. While the country is not a member state, it is heavily integrated into the European Union, and the new stricter drone rules will be in accordance with the new European regulation.
BERRIEN COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE’S BUYS THERMAL POLICE DRONE WITH DONATIONS – Local donations made it possible for the Berrien County Sheriff’s Office in Michigan to purchase a new thermal police drone, announced Sheriff Paul Bailey on December 22nd.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Drones: The Next IED
- Exclusive: Upcoming Policy To Require Storing Of Drone Footage Which Will Be Open To Government Scrutiny
- 2 arrested after drone caught delivering contraband to Calhoun State Prison
- Orlando start-up launching ‘life-saving’ drone
- Israeli Drones are Exploding in Popularity Across the West
- Medical drone aims to save lives
- WDFW to Use Drones to Collect Data on Mount St. Helens Habitat
- High Tech Campus Eindhoven Launches First Field Lab for Autonomous Drones in the European Union
- Save on DJI Fly More Combos of 2020 – Deal Alert
- How NOAA is using drones to better understand hurricanes
- Nebraska rancher uses cattle, drone to thank healthcare workers
- Cities, agencies embrace drone technology
- NATO Secretary-General Stoltenberg Calls out Germany Over Drones
- Remote and autonomous small aircraft make crop scouting personal
- Skyeton develops light surveillance drone capable of 24-hour flight
- Counter-drone product dubbed ‘Coolest Thing Made in Idaho’
- Lewis County to Purchase Heat-Sensing Drone, 3D Laser Mapping Equipment for Nearly $80,000
- Turkey investigating drone found at Incirlik Air Base
- Company to resume search for missing employee in power plant collapse
- Columbia police arrest suspect after four-hour standoff
- Lowell Police continue search for man who fled into Concord Rive
- Make use of drones to stop illegal border crossings from Kalimantan into Sarawak, says Aspirasi
- Suspects wanted for burglary in multiple states arrested in DeKalb County
- Spreading wings causes emergency response
- Belgian sky is free of drones
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.