Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
FAA Remote ID for Drones – Final Rule December 2020 – Today, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) released the final rule for Remote ID for Drones. Something we have all eagerly and anxiously been awaiting. Let’s take a closer look and see what’s good, what’s bad, and what this means for the Drone Industry and community.
MAVIC AIR 2 FIRMWARE UPDATE WITH IMPROVED HYPERLAPSE, RETURN-TO-HOME AND MORE – Today, DJI released a new Mavic Air 2 Firmware Update that promises to bring improved hyperlapse functionality with cruise control as well as an optimized return-to-home performance.
ROTTERDAM WILL USHER IN THE NEW YEAR WITH A DRONE SHOW – To celebrate the New Year, the City of Rotterdam in The Netherlands does not opt for a traditional fireworks show during the upcoming New Year, but for a drone show. The Drone Light Show will not be performed live in view of the corona measures, but has already been recorded in secret in recent weeks. Just before the countdown time at noon, viewers can watch the final result via a live stream.
DRONE-BOARD STUNT COST MILLIONS, SAYS CASEY NEISTAT – It has been four years since the world’s best-known vlogger Casey Neistat performed a remarkable stunt: in Finland, he was pulled by a bulky multirotor on a snowboard. The images of that drone-board stunt went all over the world. In a series of tweets, Neistat looks back at the stunt, which he says cost “millions of dollars” to produce.
A DJI DRONE TO HERD CATTLE AND EVEN CAMELS – Two creative and entrepreneurial Israelis have figured out a way to use a DJI drone to herd cattle and even camels.
PART 107 AND SKYDIO 2 GIVEAWAY FROM DRONEXL AND DRONE U – Another Giveaway! We’re giving away 20 Part 107 online courses and one Skydio 2 drone! Become an FAA-recognized ‘Pilot in Command’ in 2021 by participating in our Part 107 and Skydio 2 Giveaway. DroneXL partnered with Drone U to giveaway 20 Part 107 online courses for one month each and one Skydio 2 drone to sweeten the deal! Congratulations to the following winners:
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Drones will check whether people are COVID-19 social distancing at Sydney’s Northern Beaches
- Why the U.S. Marine Corps, Navy and Coast Guard Love Drones
- Robotics startup brings Israeli twist to agricultural drones
- Rafael seeks to outfit IDF with drones, robots that spot threats by themselves
- Alpine 4 Technologies make another acquisition in the drone sector with Vayu (u.s)
- Make drones sound less annoying by factoring in humans at the design stage
- Oshkosh to buy autonomous ground drone maker Pratt Miller for $115M
- Using Drones To Map Marine Litter on Portugal’s Coastline
- Roanoke Co. SWAT finds man dead inside home following Sunday night incident
- Canada orders Hermes 900 for environmental monitoring
- UK army buys 30 ‘Bug’ drones that can spy on targets 2km away
- Watch now: Christmas Day snow, a drone and a message for Bills fans
- Skydio Announces Software Upgrade, New Training Program
- Russia’s top brass shows Orion strike drone with armament for first time
- Killer drones for German army? Defense minister pushes for combat UAVs, splits coalition, as MPs call for broader public debate
- Woman shot in arm after reported carjacking on northeast side
- Police: Man arrested after robbing Carmel Walgreens, leading police on chase
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.