Daily Drone News – Wednesday January 13, 2021
Here are today's most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
EHANG OFFERS TOURIST SIGHTSEEING FLIGHTS BY DRONE IN CHINA – Want to make a sightseeing flight by Passenger Drone? Nowadays it is possible in the Chinese city of Henqin. Last week, 36 tourists made a scenic flight in the EHang 216 AAV, an electrically powered multirotor drone with room for two people. EHang wants to start offering scenic flights in more Chinese cities in the near future. EHang is also becoming active closer to home: the company received permission to operate flights in Austria in December last year.
BELGIAN POLICE DRONE DROPS HANDCUFFS AT HOSTAGE-TAKER – A hostage situation in the Belgian town of Halle ended in a very remarkable way last weekend. The Police used a drone to drop handcuffs on a hostage-taker who was about to surrender. After the suspect handcuffed himself, the police were able to arrest him. As far as is known, it is the first time that a police drone has been used in this way.
AUTEL LAUNCHES DRAGONFISH VTOL AND EVO II RTK DRONES AT CES 2021 – During this week's virtual CES 2021, Autel Robotics launches the Dragonfish VTOL and the EVO II RTK drones both of which we already knew we're coming.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Boeing to Pay $25 Million in Drone Settlement
- China's WJ-700 drone completes maiden flight, ‘creates new drone combat pattern'
- Skyward teams with, Verizon, UPS to test drone delivery in Florida
- China's high-speed, armed reconnaissance drone completes maiden flight
- Local entrepreneur Paul Hsu appointed to FAA drone group
- Drone-based SWIR camera inspects solar panels in daylight
- How to keep drones flying when a motor fails
- Bloomington police, fire departments may deploy drone technology
- The UK's Largest And London's First Ever Large-scale Drone Light Show As The Capital Welcomes The New Year
- Free program offers safety tips for flying drones
- Drone raises concern at courthouse
- Air Force Wingman Drones are One Step Closer to Deployment
- Parrot to supply micro-drones with ANAFI USA for French Defense Procurement Agency
- GSA To Remove Non-US Drones From Schedule Contracts
- Drones can detect COVID-19 from the sky and sanitize surfaces
- Smaller, cheaper drones have outsized impact on the future of war
- US Navy Triton drone flies deep into Taiwan's ADIZ
- Indian Army officer develops Switch drone ‘microcopter' for tracking terrorists inside buildings
- French army to purchase 300 mini-drones
- MORE SHARK DRONES TO BE DEPLOYED ACROSS THE HUNTER
- Drones probing remote habitats
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
If you'd like to stay up to date with all the latest drone News, scoops, rumors, and reviews follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, or…
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.