Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
TRUMP ORDERS SECURITY RISK ASSESSMENT OF CHINESE-MADE DRONES – On Monday, President Trump signed an executive order that requires all U.S. agencies to assess the security risks of drones that are made in China, Iran, North Korea, or Russia that are present in any government drone fleet and to prioritize the removal of these unmanned aircraft if warranted.
PILOT PRESSES WRONG BUTTON AND CRASHES $85,000 POLICE DRONE – A press of the wrong button resulted in the crash of an $85,000 Police drone in the United Kingdom. The ground station of the Aeryon SkyRanger R60 displayed an error message prior to the crash. The drone pilot wanted to dismiss the message but accidentally switched off the engines.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Taiwan Army tests helicopter drone in airport defense drill
- 2.6kW hydrogen fuel cell extends drone range
- Eden’s Whale Trap: Drone Footage Shows A Whale’s Unique Feeding Strategy
- Foreign-Made Drone Tech A National Security Risk: Executive Order
- NTT East to develop drones for farming
- Do you fly a drone or RPA for your farm business?
- Man allegedly using drone to film horse racing meeting arrested for breach of Covid-19 rules
- MAVIC MINI GETS CUSTOM CLEAR CASE
- Executive Order Directs Agencies to Assess Security Risks Posed by Drones From Foreign Adversaries
- Doosan Mobility’s hydrogen drones to be used for safe voyage solutions
- Alcohol-Detecting Smellicopters Could ‘Smell’ Odors on Mars, Says Scientist
- China says opposes U.S. suppressing Chinese companies
- Indian Army Shows Off Drone Swarm Of Mass Destruction
- FAA move sets commercial drone operations on the runway in the US
- Trump orders assessment of security risks of Chinese drones
- American drone company Skyfish launches advanced autonomous work drone platform
- Pizza Hut Israel Plans Drone Delivery Trial
- Pilot To Be Sentenced after Drone Hits LAPD Helicopter
- US Navy Tests New Sub-Hunting Drone Technology in California
- SparkCognition and SkyGrid Deploy First AI-Powered Cybersecurity System on Drones
- Researchers Keep Damaged Drones Flying With Onboard Cameras
- Shots fired at drone in Cass Township
- Drones the latest tool in reforestation efforts following wildfires
- Off the California coast, the US Navy tests hunting subs with an aerial drone
- Deploying AI-powered cybersecurity directly on drones
- SCHOOL BOARD APPROVES AVIATION & DRONE CURRICULUM
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.