Daily Drone News – Friday January 22, 2021
Here are today's most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you'd like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
DJI'S HEAD OF US R&D, HAI VO IS LEAVING DRONE MAKER – The News about people leaving DJI voluntarily or otherwise is not over on this Friday afternoon. We just learned that DJI's Head of US Research & Development, Hai Vo has decided to leave the drone maker and return home to Vietnam.
DJI FIRES VIDEO PRODUCTION TEAM IN LOS ANGELES – Today, we have been informed that DJI has fired the video production team in Los Angeles. We reached out to DJI for an answer and received the following statement.
RECREATIONAL PILOTS DRIVE ADOPTION COMMERCIAL DRONES – The DroneAnalyst published a very interesting article about how hobbyists and recreational pilots drive the adoption of drones for commercial purposes.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- Drone Guides Tank-Killing Missile Shot Beyond Visual Range
- Vuzix M4000 Smart Glasses Aid Construction Worksite Audit Via DJI Drone
- SCOUT QUADCOPTER SET FOR FIRST FULLY-AUTONOMOUS DRONE FLIGHT
- NBAA: Remote ID Drone Rule Raises Privacy Concerns
- First global drone awards platform goes live
- FAA Approves BVLOS Drone Operations Without Visual Observers
- Pain points of nitrogen applications: How drone data helps
- Israeli army says it downed drone that came from Lebanon
- Drone laws in North Carolina
- America's Shadow Death Row
- Sompo International partners with insurtech on drone insurance
- Help from above: Rebuilding Paradise with help of free drone service
- American Robotics receives FAA permissions for flights without humans on-site
- Australia to monitor illegal activities in marine parks in drone trial
- LAX Jet Pack Man Could Be A Human Shaped Drone
- New Pods Will Allow Reaper Drones To Hunt Submarines And Launch Small Weapons And Drones
- FAA signs off on drones that require no human operation
- Equinor Studying Drone Use in Offshore Oil and Gas Environment
- Iran's Supreme Leader Posts Drawing of Drone Strike on Golfing Trump
- Gates Foundation funds WeRobotics to expand WHO's medical drone delivery usage
- Terrifying moment a giant crocodile launches itself out of the water and tries to snatch a hovering drone
- The Future Fast: decade of the drone has dawned
- Dutch field lab for unmanned tech & drones, Unmanned Valley to be further developed; here's what to expect
Drones on Youtube
Stay in touch!
If you'd like to stay up to date with all the latest drone news, scoops, rumors, and reviews follow us on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, or…
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.