In this latest episode of our PIXL Drone Show, we talk with OriginalDobo about how he got started in drones, YouTube, custom drones, future drones, Remote ID, and regulations. Be sure to check it out on Youtube, Spotify, Apple Podcasts, or Google Podcasts.
PiXL Drone Show #21 – OriginalDobo, commercial drone work, and more
Welcome to the PIXL Drone Show – where you can get the latest industry news. Our goal is to deliver drone news you can use.
We also discuss FAA drone regulations and laws. Our goal is to provide high-quality and timely information for both Part 107 commercial drone pilots and recreational users. The Drone Industry is rapidly growing and our goal is to be your go-to resource.
The PIXL Drone Show is hosted by:
- Kara Murphy (owner of Kara E. Murphy Aerial Media)
- Greg Reverdiau (co-founder of Pilot Institute)
- Haye Kesteloo (Editor of DroneXL)
This week we talked to OriginalDobo about how he got started in drones, YouTube, custom drones, future drones, remote ID, and regulations.
Be sure to subscribe to Ken’s channel!
- 0:00 Introduction
- 1:04 How Ken got started
- 08:24 What gear does Ken use?
- 10:04 Where did the name for Ken’s channel come from?
- 19:58 Ken’s heavy-lift drone
- 26:42 Ken’s Mavic 3 desired features
- 31:21 What trends in the industry excite Ken?
- 36:09 LA Rocket Man
- 40:33 Ken’s take on Remote ID
- 47:01 Is the FAA equipped to deal with unmanned aviation?
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.