Today is the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Drone Safety Day 2022 and the message from the aviation authority is for all drone pilots to Fly RIGHT.
Previously known as the FAA’s Drone Safety Awareness Week, the agency has decided to rebrand and shorten it to only one day.
“The FAA has organized a National Drone Safety Awareness Week each year from 2019 through 2021,” it reads on the agency’s website. “This year, we’re evolving our approach with ONE Drone Safety Day.”
FAA’s Drone Safety Day 2022
The safety message for Drone Safety Day 2022 is Fly RIGHT:
Five Focus Areas of Drone Safety Day
- Education – How to safely operate drones, fostering greater understanding of the commercial and recreational uses of drones, and highlighting how drones are being used in education.
- Economics – Highlighting the economic, societal, and safety benefits of using drone technologies. For example, using a drone to inspect infrastructure that would be more dangerous for a human to inspect (i.e. bridges, towers, power lines, etc.)
- Equity – Opens opportunities for everyone. Drones are an equalizer in aviation. They require a lower cost to entry, and are being implemented in schools all over the country in STEM applications. They also provide an opportunity to fly for people who would not be able to fly a traditional aircraft.
- Environment – Understanding the environmental and sustainability benefits of drone technologies. From reforestation to monitoring Wildlife populations, there are countless ways to engage with our environment using drones.
- Emergencies – Learn how drones are used in emergency situations such as: natural disasters, search & rescue, firefighting, public safety, and other uses.
Drones are the fastest growing segment of aviation in the United States. As of January 2022, over 860,000 drones have been registered with the FAA, and over 260,000 Remote Pilots have been certified by the FAA. These numbers are projected to continue to grow.
Find out how you can get involved, find events or host a Drone Safety Day event
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.