In this video on YouTube, Billy Kyle explains in detail the improvements (or lack thereof) to the Skydio 2 drone with the latest firmware update, version 6.0.38. Some smaller improvements were good, but for the majority of this update, Billy says: “we’re left with an update that doesn’t really do much.”
Skydio 2 firmware update explained
The app version is 6.0.5 and for the Skydio 2 drone, it is version 6.0.38. Some improvements, such as a horizontal horizon are good, but many of the other improvements are much less obvious. Watch the video for all the details and the list of improvements is shown below.
- Fix for pre-flight camera error (V17) that was preventing a small number of customers from being able to fly
- Fixed bug with flight logs that was preventing them from being removed from the phone, leading to bloated app sizes.
- Fixed issue with gimbal not pitching down completely
- Fixed issue of camera freezing in DNG mode
- Ground height estimation fix
- Numerous other bug fixes and stability improvements
- Improved landing performance
- AR performance improvements
- Improved performance between iPhones and Controller accessory
- Improved gimbal smoothing & and fixed rare jello producing movements
- Android and iOS performance improvements
- Improved RTL performance
- Users can now download clips from their drone while connected through the controller.
- Battery icon now shows charging status if the drone is plugged in while the app is connected.
What do you think about this latest Skydio 2 firmware update? Is your experience similar to Billy’s? Let us know in the comments below.