In this video on YouTube, Billy Kyle explains in detail the improvements (or lack thereof) to the Skydio 2 drone with the latest Firmware Update, version 6.0.38. Some smaller improvements were good, but for the majority of this update, Billy says: “we’re left with an update that doesn’t really do much.”
Skydio 2 firmware update explained
The app version is 6.0.5 and for the Skydio 2 drone, it is version 6.0.38. Some improvements, such as a horizontal horizon are good, but many of the other improvements are much less obvious. Watch the video for all the details and the list of improvements is shown below.
- Fix for pre-flight camera error (V17) that was preventing a small number of customers from being able to fly
- Fixed bug with flight logs that was preventing them from being removed from the phone, leading to bloated app sizes.
- Fixed issue with gimbal not pitching down completely
- Fixed issue of camera freezing in DNG mode
- Ground height estimation fix
- Numerous other bug fixes and stability improvements
- Improved landing performance
- AR performance improvements
- Improved performance between iPhones and Controller accessory
- Improved gimbal smoothing & and fixed rare jello producing movements
- Android and iOS performance improvements
- Improved RTL performance
- Users can now download clips from their drone while connected through the controller.
- Battery icon now shows charging status if the drone is plugged in while the app is connected.
What do you think about this latest Skydio 2 firmware update? Is your experience similar to Billy’s? Let us know in the comments below.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.