DJI Mavic Air 2 firmware update released. This latest version was released by the Chinese drone maker yesterday. It is version V01.00.0250 for DJI latest drone model and it brings some important improvements.
DJI Mavic Air 2 firmware update released – V01.00.0250
What’s new in version V01.00.0250
- Added switch to automatically detect subjects in FocusTrack, and optimized the overall performance of FocusTrack.
- Added ability to track subjects by dragging a box around it when using Free Hyperlapse mode.
- Added ability to store 8K Hyperlapse in RAW format, use playback to view 8K Hyperlapse, and for more media players to play 8K Hyperlapse.
- Added prompts in DUI Fly when GPS experiences interference.
- Increased maximum flight speed to 19 m/s when using Spotlight in Sport mode, and added support for Spotlight at night.
- Optimized Smart RTH.
- Optimized performance when using wave gesture to trigger ActiveTrack and QuickShots.
- Reduced noise when recording HDR video at night.
I’m excited to test out the reduced noise in HDR low-light video recording. As you can see in the video below the footage wasn’t the greatest in terms of noise.
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.