Here are today’s most important drone news articles. We publish this post every weekday at 5:30 p.m. Some of these stories are from DroneXL.co and some of them will be from other sources. If you’d like to receive this in an email going forward, be sure to subscribe using the form below.
Drone news from DroneXL.co
NTSB reports news helicopter likely struck by drone – In December last year, a news helicopter was likely struck by a drone. The NTSB has come to this conclusion based on forensic analysis and crew reports. The mid-air collision forced the helicopter to make a precautionary landing in Los Angeles. This is now the sixth highly probable or confirmed drone strike in the U.S. airspace.
DJI Mavic 2 firmware update increases range to 6 miles for both Pro and Zoom models – DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom firmware update increases the drone’s transmission range to 6 miles for operators in the USA (FCC) and 3.7 miles for operators in CE/MIC/SRRC regions. This is firmware update v01.00.0670 and is accompanied by new versions of the DJI Go 4 app for iOS and Android.
Parrot and Hoverseen offer ANAFI USA drone-in-a-box surveillance solution – Parrot and Hoverseen partnership offer ANAF USA drone-in-a-box surveillance and inspection solution. Hoverseen builds on the ANAFI drone platform to expand enterprise security offerings.
FAA approval for Chula Vista Police Department to fly beyond-visual-line-of-sight – The Chula Vista Police Department is the first in the nation to receive approval from the Federal Aviation Administration to fly Skydio 2 drones beyond-visual-line-of-sight.
Drone program in development to detect sharks along California coastline – A drone program is in development to detect mostly juvenile Great White Sharks along the California coastline. The program uses drones to collect aerial video footage and uses AI to analyze the video material and study the behavior of these sharks in relation to the presence of human beings, i.e. surfers, swimmers, etc.
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email!*
Other drone news
- How Drones and Aerial Vehicles Could Change Cities
- Amazing drone show encourages wearing masks
- Regional grocer enters drone space
- Drone Parachute Program Validated at Griffiss Airport
- Chula Vista Police Department drone program first in nation to receive special FAA approval
- Drone monitors swamp deer population, video is amazing to watch
- High school entrepreneur hopes drone photography business will take off
- US–Swiss drone agreement
- Hampton hopes drone testing at Fort Monroe will make the city a hotbed for a growing industry
- Army researchers get one step closer to in-flight shape-shifting drones
- WATCH: Drone footage reveals ‘arson attack’ damage at former Dudley school
- Eco-friendly ocean drones to patrol Australian waters for illegal vessels
- Drones Capture Close Encounters between Great White Sharks and Beachgoers
- Drone technology’s role in Highways England’s roadmap to digital revolution
- Northrop Grumman system to be interim anti-drone solution
- America’s obsession with drones has paid off
- Kespry Appoints Krishnan Hariharan as Vice President of Engineering
Drones on Youtube
Flying drones as a career?
If you want to turn your hobby into your career, practice how to fly your drone safely, and learn what it takes to get your Part 107, be sure to check out the excellent training modules from The Drone U.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.