DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Update increases the drone's transmission range to 6 miles for operators in the USA (FCC) and 3.7 miles for operators in CE/MIC/SRRC regions. This is firmware update v01.00.0670 and is accompanied by new versions of the DJI Go 4 App for iOS and Android.
DJI Mavic 2 firmware update
Overview of the DJI Mavic 2 firmware update:
- Date: 2020.07.07
- Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0670
- DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.37
- DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.36
- Increased operating time of remote controller when using in low-temperature environments.
- Updated auto discharge default settings to two days.
- Fixed occasional issue: gimbal was unbalanced after self-check. Use gimbal auto-calibration in DJI GO 4 to fix this issue.
- Fixed issue: obstacle avoidance switch was unavailable when using MSDK.
- Increased the maximum transmission distance: 10 km (FCC), 6 km (CE/MIC/SRRC).
- Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the update is complete.
- Note that the update may reset various main controller settings, such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance, to default settings. Before updating, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update.
- If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and retry.
Stay in touch!
Subscribe to our Daily Drone News email.*
Submit tips If you have information or tips that you would like to share with us, feel free to submit them here. Support DroneXL.co: You can support DroneXL.co by using these links when you make your next drone purchase: Adorama, Amazon, B&H, BestBuy, eBay, DJI, Parrot, and Yuneec. We make a small commission when you do so at no additional expense to you. Thank you for helping DroneXL grow! FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.
* We do not sell, share, rent out or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.
Get your Part 107 Certificate
Pass the test and take to the skies with the Pilot Institute. We have helped thousands of people become airplane and commercial drone pilots. Our courses are designed by industry experts to help you pass FAA tests and achieve your dreams.
FTC: DroneXL.co uses affiliate links that generate income.* We do not sell, share, rent out, or spam your email, ever. Our email goes out on weekdays around 5:30 p.m.